Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pic of Miller Race Park that is still under construction in Utah.
The scenery is awesome.
I would think one could be in danger of getting into trouble due to rubbernecking.
Of course, professional racers do not have that problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, sorry.
I do not know where in Utah it is. It is just very pretty.
I thought that I had read that it is not currently finished, but almost. Perhaps it is finished by now.

It will be nice to watch some races when they get to this track.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently it is in Grantsville, Utah. This is 31 miles wsw of Salt Lake City. It is 6 miles south of US80 as well.

The man building it is the owner of the Utah Jazz.
It cost something over $40 million.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,605152893,00.html

And, if all went well with the construction, it should have already had a cycle race or 2 on it.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
yeah i think i might go check it out sometime...the reason i asked where is cause my parents are building a house in utah right now. but they are in st george which is like 4 hrs south of salt lake, so it would prob be atleast 3 hrs to the track but no big deal better than 36 hours from here.

demonrr - thats similar to why my parents are moving out there, they can golf and ski in the same day! lol

·
Registered
352 Posts
My anut lives just outside Park City, so I might just have to visit them soon, not sure if I can rent a trac bike or not. I'll have to look into it, but hey I have a place to stay in the mountains for free.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Tikki,

Depending on what time of year you go, I heard that Freddie Spencer is having his track/race school there in the summer when its 150 degrees at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and I know you are required to use their bikes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts