Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New R6's Undertail Exhaust/Squids

I was just wondering because I havnt seen any, but do the new r6's have undertail exhaust?

This weekend I sold my motor out of my old bike, the guy came down from Pennsylvania to get it and he was bragging about his riding "experiences" and said that he pulled it up, hit the tail on the ground and ripped the exhaust off. Now as far as I know the r6's dont have undertail exhaust, PLEASE....correct me if im wrong.
Damn squids.

:D :squid:

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
True if I recall correctly. They have "shorty" exhausts as I remember. Only Kawi really had undertails, though maybe Honda had one.......

·
Registered
609 Posts
The new R6 has a shortened exhaust on the side.

I'm too lazy to find a picture and post it, but you can google it, or look at it on yamaha's website.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The new R1's have the undertail, not the new R6, they have the lil thingy like everyone else said.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Not sure how many of you have dropped a wheelie far enough back to hit the tail, but the exhaust actually hits first... often causing the rider and bike to get trashed. When I was learning standups and trying to 12 the bike I would hit the can before the tail and it would put the bike into a spin. I had to cut the exhaust shorter to help with this problem and was then able to land it on the tail. So... no, he's not full of shit and his experience is perfectly possible. As far as the new 06 R6's though.. I don't know if you can hit that can as I have not yet had a chance to ride one. So... he might be full of shit. It's hard to say. But yes... damn us squids! :twofinger

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vash said:
Damn Klee, are you a squid magnet?
kiss my ass vash! :twofinger
I cant help im so good they all want my advice....hahaha.

I knew he was full of it, i wish i could remember the other stories he told me, i stopped listening after a while.
If you're going to lie.....make it believable......please

·
Registered
489 Posts
Did he say it was an 06 R6? Cause all the previous years it is VERY possible to rip the exhaust off. Not standing up for him. Just making sure that everyone realizes that any stock bike up to this yea (minus the gix 1k's with the colostamy bag exhaust) can easily have thier can trashed by a wheelie (*without it falling on it's side):2cents: :squid:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts