Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any idea how often Yamaha changes the design on their bikes?

the R1 was introduced in 1998 and if yamaha is like honda as far as new models go, should we be expecting a new shape for 2002?

might be something to consider if someone is planning on putting a deposit down for next years model.....but then yamaha might just maintain the same platform and keep tweaking it every year kinda like how ducati does it.

comments anyone??????

-----------
arif

·
Registered
11 Posts
The word I got was the R-1 would not update next year anyways. They are going to update the R-6.If they do update the R-1, I vote for a factory steering damper, slicker shifting, a seventh gear for touring, ram air,teliscopic steering so my middle aged back would not get as sore, and of course, more power. I did 450+ miles last weekend riding two up and my butt is still sore. Still a great bike. Frank Trombino won the superbike class and second in the open superbike class last weekend in Canada.Way to go Frankie. The wheelie was a little short but the burnout was awesome!!

------------------

·
Registered
328 Posts
My dealer says there is a strong indication that next year's R1 will have Ram Air and Fuel Injection. In fact (the story goes), the 2000's were supposed to be so equipped, but they couldn't get it sorted out in time for the new bike introductions, so they postponed the intro.

Either way, I would think the 2001's will look virtually identical to the 2000's. Yamaha generally alters their design for a given platform every 2-3 years, while the basic bike stays the same. But then, they've never been really consistent...

------------------
A fool and his money are soon partying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts