Sportbike World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with all the undeserved drama over the last year concerning officers, I wanted to hear from the new crew as to what their goals are for the club and how they plan to accomplish these things. I think it would be good to hear how you all are going to work together and cooperate in tasks instead of just complaining about each other behind your backs. I also think this would be good for members to evaluate the elected board as a whole.
Members what are your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I also think this would be good for members to evaluate the elected board as a whole.
Members what are your thoughts on this?
Evaluate at the end of the year? I kind of think that it is hard to give any feedback when the officers were just placed into position.

HOWEVER.......

I don't think we should have a road captian who has only one good eye;) :p

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Well I don't know how everyone feels but I think being Secretary is going to allow me to not worry about everyone else doing stuff and just concentrate on 1 area and do things that will be very visible to the members. (ID cards, mailers, handbook, keeping track of actual motions passed, text message events...etc) And I can still push on everyone here and there. :thumbs2:

Plus now I can mouth off on the board a little bit without having to worry about being quite as PC. It's a nice break. (evil grin)

Flip guide me el presidente! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Maybe we could get a list going of things we would like to do as a club as a whole this season......things we would like to work on, change, or develop.

I know that I would like to keep the enthusiasm for trackdays going.

I think that Webb's idea about a meeting at STG is a great idea.

Having a Redline only trackday would be kind of expensive, however, maybe we can team up with another organization to have one. Maybe work with Lap Dance Trackday when they do the Susan G. Komen charity trackday.

I know that I was suppose to help with a First Aid course.......sorry, hard to explain why I am anti do anything in the winter time and I don't get anything done except get couch sores.

A Redline MySpace has been voted down already.

Lucky is a dork......

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Yeah it'll be nice to beat on someone else for a while. Nate I think we drive to far to meetings. Nate I don't think I'm getting enough for my membership, what can YOU do for ME Nate? Nate I don't think we need that many meetings in the winter time. Nate how come we aren't having meetings every month? Nate even though I really don't really show up to much anyway, I don't think you're giving me enough time to plan to come to things. Nate can you sticky my thread about the 6th charity ride this month that I want us to go to? Nate how come you don't show up for any west side rides in ann arbor 1hr after you get out of work? OOOOOOH...I'm just getting started. lmao. Sorry Nate, just messin with ya. :D

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
What would be the main purpose of the mailers?

Maybe we can buy some add space on dsb........."write that down" (Van Wilder):p
Mailer packets for new members, club updates, New ID cards...etc. Hey I'm secretary...paper is my life Jane. Write that down.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Mailer packets for new members, club updates, New ID cards...etc. Hey I'm secretary...paper is my life Jane. Write that down.

IMO, I personaly feel that "emailers" would be more cost effective and less likly to be overlooked or accidently thrown in the trash :2cents: Unless there is something special in the packets that cannot be sent electronicly. A simple Paint Shop Pro document is cheaper.

Maybe we can take a club vote on it........can you sticky that thread as well please (j/k)

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I was wondering when the new officers get paid?
I was hoping it soon as my Denny Tarrio Dance Club membership is coming due and I do not want to be late.

Also, I have a question about the use of the Redline Corporate G5 jet?
I was hoping to jet over to LA and chat with John Travolta about setting up a Scientology branch in the Redline Clubhouse basement.

I was also thinking that members who do not come to meetings get to say NOTHING! Kind of, if you want to speak, come to the meetings.

I did get my new Redline decoder ring though, so that is cool! :thumbs2::thumbs2:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Maybe we could get a list going of things we would like to do as a club as a whole this season......things we would like to work on, change, or develop.
I think this is a great idea. This way people can take the lead on certain items and we'll also be able to figure out who to blame when something doesn't get done. :) Seriously though, it would be nice to look back at the end of the riding season to see what was accomplished, what wasn't and what can be done differently the following year. I know Chuck had a lengthy list of things two meetings ago, so perhaps he could post that as a starting point.

·
Registered
251 Posts
wow you guys talk fast let me catch up here im filling big shows... and i mean big shoes have you seen the size of chucks feet.....!:twofinger (that was supposed to be funny)

i am in the process of getting my stuff together but yes we will be having an officers meeting very soon (within the next two weeks!)

i have many plans for the club including bbqs seminars ect. i am in need of all your help tho this is not MY club its our club and i dont only need input i also need action if you have an idea research it come up with a plan and present it at meeting we will vote and make a desicion as a group.

this is a riding group and that is what i plan on doing riding! there will be meetings and we need better turn out for sure! 12 members at a meeting doesnt cut it we have 30 members in good standings and i understand that everyone is busy but please try to participate if you want to hate...lol (anther joke!)

the e-board meeting will happen soon and we will be putting the calander together. the calander will have all meetings bbqs and hopefully some rides and events planned already so we can all plan our summers. that way you will have plenty of time to waver on if you will come! (anther joke! man i'm funny)

ok i think that was as good of an opening speach as i can give. so bring on the complaints.....

·
Registered
251 Posts
right now nothing is going to be happening with the old site. i am told that the new site "will be ready soon" so im taking headlights word on that one. lol than we will have a nice brand spanking new site YAY!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.