Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I just bought an 07 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R from Canada. I am wondering if anyone has bought either a Canadian or American) 07 ZX6R And put a eurpean ECU in it or rewirded it to run like the european version? The reason I ask this is because at high Rpm's the bike has a silencer that closes in the exhaust and also loses some horsepower. Supposedly about 7 but I have heard that rewiring them only gives about 1 more hp any info would be great! THanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
ECU jump

I had this done by a friend of mine, who works for Kawasaki. He swears it has legit 4hp gains, and that he has seen it on the dyno. The guy is the real deal and has never lead me wrong. I just picked it up from him yesterday and have not had a chance to ride it yet. (it is 45degrees and windy in Michigan right now) I have been revving the hell out of it and pissing off the neighbors, but can't really tell a difference. I have been looking for the link I found it on, it gives you a step by step illustrated picture of how to do it. I had my buddy do it because he was doing a couple of other things for me already. He said the wire connector was only $5 for the modification. Send me your email and I will send you the link.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts