Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...

It appears that I have completely blown the motor in my ZX12r... The sticker shock from the shop on repairing the thing is enough to make me give up riding altogether... but before I do...

Does anyone have a lead on a replacement motor for a 2000 ZX12r? I'd love to get the bike back on the road, but not at the cost of an arm or a leg! Let me know if anyone has any inroads or ideas...

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Truth said:
I'm going to get a list of things that they say are wrong today... They mentioned six grand to fix the thing at finish line powersports...and that is out of the question...
Holy schnikies...for sure, I'd like to see that list.

·
Registered
731 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After the initial shock and awe at what they were telling me, i got my arse in gear and made some calls... I may have an angle on something, but I'm still up for a motor if someone hears of one for the ZX-12... (the ZZR motor wont fit, Steve!)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Oh the motor I could build for my ZRX with $6000!!!!

hmmm... 200hp NA
hmmm... or 300hp turbo.

Oh boy would that be fun!!!

Oh wait... I dont really have $6k to spend... damn.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Call Mike and tell him Lonnie put his number out here. He has a ZX12 and just put a bigbore in it himself. He could rebuild your motor no problem, he knows where to get new or used parts at a good deal and knows where to send your old stuff to be reworked if possable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts