Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if this b.s happens anywhere but riding this weekend I noticed something that kind of bugged me. One of the things I enjoy most about riding is the biker wave. Its a brootherhood thing that sets us apart from the cagers, but I have noticed these weekend warriors on their fancy dressed bikes turn their noses up at us sport bikers. Every sport bike rider I wave at always waves back but these urban riders always snubb me. Now I expect this kind of behavior from the Old school harley riders but from others show a little freaking respect... Just a little rant sorry if I came off sounding like a squid..

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Ah you must be new. For the most part, I can't pay someone on a cruizer to wave to me, even though I always initiate the wave to every single bike on the road. There are those that do wave though, just not many.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
If you were to wave at me on my 600 or 929 you would also be shocked, as you seemingly are, as I do not wave back or at others. Many European riders do not go for the American waving fad.

You see I come from a group of basically Brit riders that moved over here to Cdn after WWII & WE simply did not wave & I have not changed after 57 yrs of riding. I am the Cdn that got to working, riding & competeting on comp from said Brit riders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts