Sportbike World banner

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  DiveCon2k4 
#1 ·
hey guys I know it late in the season to be doing this but I figured I have been on the site enough I just join in. hopefully we can get togeather and ride sometime soon.

#5 · (Edited)
Yeah, I actully teach at a shop downriver. the only bad thing about having my bike is that it cuts in to my diving time. Doc you dive around here at all? have you guys still been going to RO lately finally got a chance to go this week and was wandering?

#7 ·
DiveCon2k4 said:
Doc you dive around here at all?
Nope, water is too cold and the fish are too ugly. I dove here a few years ago and hit some wrecks off Port Sanilac and Alpena. Not bad...couldn't decide on a 7mil or a dry suit. I chose the 7mil and it was uncomfortable. So fuggit...Carribbean it is....

I do most of my diving in the Carribean. Bonaire is my favorite hotspot been there a couple three times and other islands throughout the region. I have some real good friends in the industry that hook me up. I'm doing Cozumel in January, Bonaire in February, and maybe a long weekend at in the Bahamas coming up...do the Stuart Coves' thing. Gotta love the pelagics...hehe. Looking forward to a livaboard in the South Pacific late '06. Talk about wreck diving...WWII ships and planes...can't wait.

I've been around the diving world. Got PADI and SSI certs. Have lots of dives under my belt and specialty certifications.

So needless to say, I do most of my diving in the winter. Can't let it interfere with riding season. Now that I have more time on my hands no better way to spend it than diving in the humdrum winter.:D

#13 ·
jjkGURU said:
Welcome :twofinger
any chance on group discounts on diving certs? i've been meaning to get mine for a while now, and i'm pretty sure there's a few more people around here that would too...
I could probally do something if you get like 4 or 6 I could do like a private class for the price of a basic class (which is like $150 cheeaper) but you would get $50 for every person you refer to us which can go to you or make there class cheaper. if your really intrested PM me and I can get you more info

#15 ·
Which dive shop?

DiveCon2k4 said:
Yeah, I actully teach at a shop downriver. the only bad thing about having my bike is that it cuts in to my diving time. Doc you dive around here at all? have you guys still been going to RO lately finally got a chance to go this week and was wandering?
Hey i use to help manage one of the shops too downriver, which one you at Scuba Centers or shoot i cant remember they changed the name again over on van born rd?

Michael:)

#16 ·
Re: Which dive shop?

weaselphd said:
Hey i use to help manage one of the shops too downriver, which one you at Scuba Centers or shoot i cant remember they changed the name again over on van born rd?

Michael:)
Yeah, I teach over a Scuba Centers for the last year have been working\diving with them for over 10yrs. which one did you work at?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.