Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello name is Chris.. just got into riding.. bought a 110CC GS-57 SUPERBIKE 4 Speed Manual Clutch.(poketbike) just to get a hang of the basic. Plan on buy a used 04' R1. Or maybe new if I get some extra cash. Im 19 just got discharged from usmc. Plan on going back in.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Welcome to SBW. If ya just got into riding, I think you should wait a while for the R1. I just got mine after 4 years on my R6, and you HAVE to re-educate that right hand on a liter bike. Welcome aboard; regardless. I hope you like it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay so holding off on the R1 for a little bit is a good idea. Ive read some other post on starter bikes.. but I still like the looks of hte R1,R6 and the GSX-R600.. Any pointers.

·
Registered
699 Posts
G3nocide said:
Okay so holding off on the R1 for a little bit is a good idea. Ive read some other post on starter bikes.. but I still like the looks of hte R1,R6 and the GSX-R600.. Any pointers.
R6 would be my choice, but I can't say anything about the gixxer 600 because I have never had the chance to ride one.
My roommates are hardcore gixxer fans. But they are always replacing the clutches, rod bearings, or the motors on their gixxer 1000's. But, they are stunters and ride wheelies for miles on the freeway, which is hard on any bike. So I have never met anyone with a gixxer 600. I am more into cornering, and like my R1 and R6 for that.

Just for justification on my opinion, all these bikes are sitting in my garage and I have riden all of them, just not the 600 like I said previously.

Honda f4 might also be something worth looking at. But if it is all about looks, people on this board might advise you to wait on looks and get something even smaller.

Also, have you taken your msc class? That is absolutly the very first thing you should do IMO.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts