Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

Being only 15 years of age, I do not yet have a bike. But I figure if I hang around here long enough, I might learn a thing ot two.

------------------

·
Registered
503 Posts
u probaly will. for starters go the y2k forum & read the post by youngrider_250 titled zx11 something or other.

welcome aboard.. do u have n e dirt bike experiance?

------------------

·
Registered
38 Posts
yeah, go read my posts...on "how to wheelie" and "zx11". i'm sure you'll be thrilled at my posts and my learning the hard way not to post. btw, always use smiley face to lessen the impact. get a 250 first...preferably a kawi cuz its the best starting bike. you can get one on ebay for like one thousand bucks, so its worth it.

oh dont post anything "stupid"...cuz there are stupid questions. the wise old people in this post will eat you up if you put something down as nonsense or just plain retarded. :D there's a few tips for ya.

if you want to learn how to wheelie...uhh... from what i've learned here is not to clutch and rev high on RPM's. its "russian roulette" or so 'cane says. have fun!

------------------
Asking advice is asking to something you already know, but don't want to.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by youngrider_250:
yeah, go read my posts...on "how to wheelie" and "zx11". i'm sure you'll be thrilled at my posts and my learning the hard way not to post. btw, always use smiley face to lessen the impact. get a 250 first...preferably a kawi cuz its the best starting bike. you can get one on ebay for like one thousand bucks, so its worth it.

oh dont post anything "stupid"...cuz there are stupid questions. the wise old people in this post will eat you up if you put something down as nonsense or just plain retarded. :D there's a few tips for ya.

if you want to learn how to wheelie...uhh... from what i've learned here is not to clutch and rev high on RPM's. its "russian roulette" or so 'cane says. have fun!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is making me feel sort of like we are his adopted parents. Isn't it cool. ;) :p

Now go brush your damn teeth and hit the sack... it's late and you have school tomorrow. :( ;)

Oh yeah welcome 109. :)

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

[This message has been edited by RCjohn (edited August 03, 2000).]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpeedPhreak:
u probaly will. for starters go the y2k forum & read the post by youngrider_250 titled zx11 something or other.

welcome aboard.. do u have n e dirt bike experiance?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, no dirtbike experience. I don't live close to any trails.

My first bike is going to be a used Kawi 250R. I plan on keepin' it 'til I'm out of high school, maybe longer.

And I'm not the kind of newbie who doesn't know shit about motorcycling. I've read all there is to be read (almost), and I'm confident enough to say that for someone who's never been on a motorcycle, I know a lot.

------------------

G

·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>posted by 109And I'm not the kind of newbie who doesn't know shit about motorcycling. I've read all there is to be read (almost), and I'm confident enough to say that for someone who's never been on a motorcycle, I know a lot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look man,

I don't usually bitch but what you just said is the most stupid thing I have seen on this forum yet! I'm sorry If I am coming of as mean, i really don't mean to be but .... If you have never ridden a bike, you don't know sh*t DON"T FORGET THAT ! It looks a lot easier to ride a bike when you are walking beside one. Please 109 Don't kid yourself! I think everyone will agree :)

(My Gog i'm starting to sound like .. like .. OH MY GOD, I SOUND LIKE THE REST OF YOU GUYS ..AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

------------------
Whatever that little sheep said is a damn lie !!

·
Registered
503 Posts
there is no such thing as a stupid question... what u get jumped on for is if the stupid question is asked & answered 5 or 6 times before your post :D. so in other words make sure u spend some time doing a search on the site before you ask us how to wheelie or which tire is best.

good choice on a 1st bike.. & no matter how much u read or even ride... u still dont know a lot. this is my 5th season riding (45k+ miles).. 1st year racing.. & i still think im a novice... i got lots to learn.. LOTS :D.

------------------

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:

Look man,

I don't usually bitch but what you just said is the most stupid thing I have seen on this forum yet! I'm sorry If I am coming of as mean, i really don't mean to be but .... If you have never ridden a bike, you don't know sh*t DON"T FORGET THAT ! It looks a lot easier to ride a bike when you are walking beside one. Please 109 Don't kid yourself! I think everyone will agree :)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Squid...,

I think the point you are making is very valid. You can't put much stock in the "book knowledge". Application of the knowledge is the key. :)

I'm not totally disagreeing with you but I think you are wrong with the "you don't know sh*t" part.

I followed racing, read the riding tips in mags, studied the Tenn state license book and had AMA membership for over 3 years before I was able to get the VFR(I didn't study the license book for 3 years, more like 20 minutes). I then took the MSF course. They didn't teach anything that I didn't already know before I got my bike. It did help me prevent bad habits and also helped apply the knowledge. I did already have 4000 easy laid back miles on my bike. I forced myself to take it easy until the school was complete. ;)

Then I road a wheelie home Sunday afternoon. :D :D

ISIS road a wheelie to the school. She's one of my heroes. :p :D

There are some differences between 109 and me. I had ridden as a kid(7-8year old). I was also 29 years old when I bought the VFR. It is good that he is at least trying to gain some knowledge first. :)

------------------
John

G

·
Hey John,

I hear you, I also read books before I attempt anything , reading up on the subject will give you a better understanding. I was simply saying , don't think you know a lot about motorcycling because it is a sport that can be unforgiving. Reading up on the sport is highly recommended in my books (like you said) but this ain't no video game you only get one life! I don't care how many quarters you got ! :)
Just take it easy out there 109 and keep an open mind !

:)

------------------
Whatever that little sheep said is a damn lie !!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I just want to say welcome 109 and just make sure take it slow. You will learn with time. :D :D But keep reading the info also :)

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Squid',

I'm with you man. I just want 109 to not get discourage from reading stuff. ;)

In about 2 years I will jump his butt for believing everything he reads. :D :D

------------------
John

·
Registered
549 Posts
Welcome to the group, 109. Happy to have you here. :D

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts