Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Sold my R6 and bought a new '05 CBR 1000RR. The damn tire coating wasn't worn off on the edges and after 30 miles on my sweet new ride I high sided at 15 miles an hour. Shattered my wrist and my radius into 3 pieces. Right side plastics ruined. Anyone know of a cheap place? Found the upper, mid, lower, and tail for $800, OEM. Sounds good to me. Anyway looking forward to meeting everyone.

-M-

·
Registered
577 Posts
mstrand_68 said:
Hello,
Sold my R6 and bought a new '05 CBR 1000RR. The damn tire coating wasn't worn off on the edges and after 30 miles on my sweet new ride I high sided at 15 miles an hour. Shattered my wrist and my radius into 3 pieces. Right side plastics ruined. Anyone know of a cheap place? Found the upper, mid, lower, and tail for $800, OEM. Sounds good to me. Anyway looking forward to meeting everyone.

-M-
look on e-bay, you might find parts there. too bad about the crash, sounds like you're going to be off the bike for a month or two, good luck.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
oh... that really sucks..but at least you are ok.. and have all winter to wait out for cheap parts off ebay or message boards classifieds...

E.
just to clarify my "you are ok" didn't mean to belittle the injuries you sustained.. but rather to say bones can be repaired and replaced.. but your spinal cord or life can not... high sides are natorious for causing death related injuries :(

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
mstrand_68 said:
Shattered my wrist and my radius into 3 pieces.
:eek: That would be devasting to me. What's the impact on work/school/whatever? Good luck on the recovery. Any timetable given by the docs?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I go in tomorrow for a check up and to find out recovery time.

Looked on ebay and could only find red and titanium colored replacements. But the dealer in florida made me a good deal, 15% above cost for the stuff so I saved around 600 bucks.

Thanks everyone for the input.

-M-

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man. Brand new bike eh :(.

Get better soon and get riding even sooner.

I hope that's not you in your avatar :D

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I have a huge plate, 4 screws, and 4 wires holding my wrist together. No riding until the end of January, no lifting wieghts for 5 to 6 months. Already lost 20 pounds. I go back in November 1st so I will get a copy of the X-Ray and post it. I look like the bionic man!!
Thanks for the posts,

-M-

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Damn! Sux to be you. Hope ya have a speedy recovery. Guess you have a story to tell. Sounds like the bike did better than you did. Cheaper anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts