Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my latest bike, a Honda 919 in April from Performance Honda. Have yet to see another in this area! Would like to meet anybody else who has one in this area.
Hi to everyone else, too!:cool:

·
Registered
364 Posts
hey wpath welcome to sportbike world. I am on the west coast of Fla in Largo (north of st. petersburg). I bought my 2000 zx9 in Orlando at Cycle Sports Center off of John young parkway. any way welcome .SBW is a great place to get info and meet others ..sometime maybe my friend and I can take our bikes to Orlando and meet up with you !

·
Registered
580 Posts
Whats up? Im in Orlando too, but riding only for commuting now because of babysitting my little girl.
Did you buy a rainsuit yet? Or a mesh coat?
BTW riding in Orlando is rainy, hot, flat, straight and traffic infested for the most part. Those who ride daily here have to REALLY like bikes. I work at Agere on John Young Parkway.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hey welcome to the board, I live down I-4 abit in Polk City (near Lakeland). There are actually a few curves around here. If you get over this way holler!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies! Yes, I have had to buy a rainsuit - the weather this summer has been hard on any rider in the Orlando area! I use the bike mainly for my daily commute through the I-4 traffic right now, but on my days off I try to get out on some of the back roads around Clermont. Unfortunately, my schedule changes weekly, so it is hard to plan any rides with people who work regular hours! I would like to get together with other riders in the area sometime, and compare favorite (curvy) roads!:thumb:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Im on I4 3 or 4 days each week. What time are you on? Im on at 4:30AM going west and from 5-6PM going east , on the red superhawk. I have a black helmet, mesh coat and a yellow rain suit if needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This week I'm off Wed-Fri, but my days off vary from week to week. I'm working 9:00am-7:30pm this week, but my hours also change week to week. It's hell trying to plan any rides with anyone! I'm on the 919, sometimes wearing the black rainsuit, like I was today.... I got caught in the downpours around noon today, riding around downtown O-town. I don't mind the rain as much as the lightning!!! :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts