Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding since I was 12 in 1970. Legally since 1974, the year the speed limits were reduced to 55. What a drag that was. I'm just glad that saner heads prevailed and got the speed limits up closer to what the roads were designed for.

Been sport-touring since '83 or so. I once totalled an '82 Seca Turbo 650 (wasn't hurt.) Had a CBX. Had a Guzzi V7 Sport. I have a GoldWing, as my wife won't touch the VF. I think the bags on the Wing make her butt look smaller or something. Been to Sturgis a couple of times. Took my 18-year-old daughter last summer. Then she went to CA to visit a friend, and got a tattoo. Oops.

I miss the Bike event they used to have in Steamboat Springs. They don't do that anymore. I've heard it's in Park City, UT now, but haven't been there. It was much easier to enjoy in Steamboat, as it's only 3 hours away (by car--reduce time accordingly for crotch-rocket.) It was an event more geared toward sportbikes and classics than Sturgis, which is an event geared toward big, loud pistons and the childlike qualities of doctors, lawyers and dentists dressed up like bad boys. Yes, I'm taking my wife this year. No, I'm just a lowly UPS driver.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Welcome to SBW! :)

There must be some good roads up there! Living in FL the roads are pretty boring, they're all straight and flat!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hiya!

Welcome to SBW!!:)
Love those VF's,I had a great VF500F(I think that was how the numbere was:D),Interceptor and it was a blast!!

JIM

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from a jaunt through CO Rockies.

JL1314 said:
Welcome to SBW! :)

There must be some good roads up there! Living in FL the roads are pretty boring, they're all straight and flat!
I got back last night from spending a couple of days riding through the CO mountains with a couple of friends. Weather was perfect, roads were awesome. No tickets either. I just don't like having my throttle wide open in 4th, the speedo passing through 135 on it's way to 140 and beyond, and seeing my riding partners glance at me as they pass me by. Dirtbags, I say.

It's almost enough to make me want to spend the cash on a faster bike.........:eek:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome to SBW! :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts