Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey! My name's Alexis and I'm looking into eventually owning a sportbike. My boyfriend is also looking into getting one. I know almost nothing about bikes, but I would love to learn. I have been browsing the site and I just thought I'd say "hello".

I won't be getting a bike for a couple of years, so I'm not too worried about which bike in particular I need/want as a beginer, more about what size engine and weight I should be looking for. I'm 5'6 about 140 lbs, and very umm... top heavy, if that matters for weight distribution at all.

I'm not looking for a racing sportbike, but more of a riding around town, almost cruising type. I just want to go fast (highway speeds) and feel the wind rushing around my body and being out with the elements. It just seems so enjoyable. I love the look of the sportbike, so that is why I am interested in getting one vs. another kind of bike.

I'm open to all suggestions, so please, help a newbie out?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Have a look around the site a bit. There are lots of great starter bikes out there (and lots of threads about said starter bikes). Read up and decide what you think seems to be reasonable and then read even more! :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
exactly! check out some threads and search for starter bike maybe? check out the 08 kawi 250 and i always love recommending the sv650 as a beginner's bike!

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

The stickie threads in the New Riders forum should be your first stop if you haven't checked them out already.

PS: Same goes for the SO if he hasn't been a rider for very long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts