Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to everyone im new to this site and it looks good sorry i couldnt come at a better time i had a bad crash. well after 2 months in the hospital im home. i had real bad crash i hit a pole and was in critical condition for a week i had to get flown to the trauma unit in bethlehem PA the accident was in mt pocono i think i dont remember much they didnt think i was gonna make it thank god it happened in front of a rescue squad as far as i know a car cut me off and i hit a curb then a pole and ended up with 2 broken legs, a broken right hand, fractured pelvis, lacerated spleen, broken eye socket that they had to repair with a metal plate my eye was literally hangin out of my head and after 5 surgeries and alot of pins and screws they were able to put me back together. i just wanted to post this to say im thankful to be alive and to everyone becareful when riding. i had my gear on except a had a beanie on instead of a full face helmet. im still healing good feelin better no permanent damage except my vision is blurry but should get better casts will be on for couple more weeks. funny i never broke a bone and when i do i break everything just my luck. i wanted to ask anyone who broke a leg and ankle how was the recovery they say i might have to go to rehab to walk. any advice is helpful thanx

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry to hear that u went down. I never had any broken bones (knock on wood) so I can't give u any advice but I have ran over and IED(Aug 14th, 2006) and fucked up my knee and know that the road to recovery is long and hard but far from impossible- I ran 6.5 miles today in 58:34(hills included). The only thing I know is that u will never be the same and once u accept that, it's a start and as a Marine one of the first things that they teach us in boot camp is-PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Heal up quick! Were there no witnesses to this event?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont think so it was late but it happened right in front of a rescue squad fortunately or else i was dead in 30 min massive blood lossi think they heard it if anything. thats the luck i got get critically injured in front of a rescue squad building

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow what a story! From what i can see, now all you're suffering from is lack of punctuation in your writing :D kidding! I recently wrecked my bike as well and fractured my fibula, seperated my ligament on the inside of my ankle (and tore a chunk of bone loose), and shattered parts of the tiny bones in my ankle. I've had 4 casts and one surgery. I do my own physical therapy at home and it's been a few weeks now and can honestly say I'm doing a lot better. I'll see how long it takes me to get back on my feet but I'm sure with persistance and hard work you and I will be walking soon enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts