Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! I've posted a bit, but wanted to stop and formally introduce myself. I live in a little town called Pinckney, Michigan - just on the edge of the "good roads" here in Southeast Michigan. Lots and lots of bikes around here on the weekends, it's a very popular area to ride.

I have ridden motorcycles for a number of years, but took a break a few years back to become a responsible adult <yeah, who am I kidding?>, got married, and had a couple children with my lovely wife. I had always wanted a Ducati, and took the opportunity this spring do pick one up and get back into cycles for (I hope) the long haul.

I currently ride a 1999 Ducati 900SS. It's no speed demon, not the "best wheelie bike," and far from the horsepower champ, but I am repeatedly floored by the handling and sheer corner-carving capabilities of this motorcycle. The lightweight feel, the flick-ability, and the torque-on-demand of the bike was a new thing for me, after having owned a series of middleweight (600's) sportbikes in the early and mid 90's. I'm in love!

Here's a pic, as she sits today. I have been twiddling around with a few things (license plate and turn signal relocation), with more on the way. For a couple more pics, and a list of the stuff I've been playing around with, click the "WWW" button at the bottom of my post.

I have a pair of Marvic Magnesiums, Metzeler M1 Sportecs, and a full set of Galfer Wave rotors that will be going on sometime in the next couple weeks. Just can't help myself... :drool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello and welcome

Hello and welcome to sportbike world. This is an awesome site with a lot of information on it. Nice bike, I recently traded my ducati in. It was a 748 in yellow and a very nice bike, but I wanted more power etc... so I now have an R-1 and I am really in love with it.
Enjoy the forum.
Jim out:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts