Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this sight just today, read for hours before joining, you guys rock.

I say my first real bike because I cheated and got my motorcycle licence on a 180cc scooter. Legally counts as a motorcycle and boy was that test easy, lol. I've also owned at various times in the past 10 years: 2 Honda 350's which never ran, an old Kawasaki that almost ran until I lost one of the parts to the carb (doh!), and a Suzuki GS 550 that I fixed from junk that ran for one day before the starter went and I never had a title anyways. I think I was born with grease under my nails and I've been toying with beat up junk old cars since I was a kid.

So I bought this '87 Ninja for $200. Hadn't been started in 7 years, left to sit with half a tank of gas and no precautions taken for long term storage. Great! I think to myself, I've been here before on two bikes already :) So I put it on my porch and began tinkering on my days off. That was 2 months and $500 ago. It goes on the road this week. Yay! Though I'm having a local shop finish the work so as I can be certain the bike is safe.

Does anyone know much about these bikes, firsthand? How about some feedback on it as a starter bike? Maybe yell at me for typing such a long post?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The ZX600R is way outdated...there's nothing you really can do to it to make it perform. I had the '91 model and liked it for what it was worth cruising around town. You can't upgrade it. It's a good bike to learn to ride but that's as far as it goes...sorry.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Itchy_Feet said:
Maybe yell at me for typing such a long post?
Eh, it was kinda long, but not bad compared to some other recent posts.

Welcome, and, sorry, no knowledge about the bike from me.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Welcome! :hello:

And good luck with the bike! :)

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
slaintedan said:
Welcome to SBW and STOP TYPING SUCH LONG POSTS!!! ;) :hello: :thumbs2:

Ok dan, time to up your meds. c'mon, back into your cage.

Don't listen to him, no one else does. Welcome to the board. Good luck with the bike! :D

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Jester said:
Ok dan, time to up your meds. c'mon, back into your cage.

Don't listen to him, no one else does. Welcome to the board. Good luck with the bike! :D
Don't you know sarcasm when you read it? :rolleyes:
Jester, your new name is "Stanley" 'cause you're a tool. :twofinger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts