Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i'm really impressed to find a site like this. some of the other places I hang out have honda sections, but nothing for naked/standard/streetfighter type bikes yet. here's a pic of my bike

as you can see, it's pretty stock as of now, but i'll get around to making some changes sooner or later. the local dealer here in bloomington is really jazzed about the 919 and wants me to come if for dyno runs when i make any engine mods, so hopefully i'll have some good charts for you all to look at soon. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
naked is nasty!!!!
I'll take that as a complement :D

On the side bags, I'm not too sure yet. The exhaust shrouds that are on there tend to stay pretty cool, enough so that you can touch them after a ride without fear of getting burned. I do think a pair of carbon cans would been even better though.

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
I really like your bike!
Last week I saw one exactly like yours parked under the office and was droling over it :drool:
I was wondering about the rear shock though, is it OK for the twisties, or too soft? The reports say it's too soft and spoils the fun, and I also saw my friend's CB600 Hornet dance nastily many times when pushed.
Is the 900 like that too or is it OK?

Aris

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've done some pretty "spirited" riding over the past week and didn't really notice it being all that bad. It is a little on the soft side, but not as bad as I expected. I'll probably leave it for a while and concentrate on the front first. Either a set of adjustable F4i forks(I'm still seeing if they'll fit) or some Progressive fork springs.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Dancing Days?

I noticed that my rear tire does a bit of dancing when I am pushing - and sometimes when I am not. I don't think it's a very forgiving set up.

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Hmmm it seems that it's like the Hornet 600 then.
Shame for that, because the price to get it right will be somewhat high if it needs a rear shock.
I was able to get my ZR7 to perform well just by installing a fork kit. The rear has a joint damping adjustment except the preload and it works well for me, but I'm only 70kg.
My friend on his Hornet 600 can't catch me in the twisties even though his bike is faster and more agile, not to mention 30kg lighter. His bike moves around and wobbles so much it's scary! And it only has 5000km on the clock :(
Why don't the manufacturers just put decent shocks to naked bikes??
They think we re not going to push them hard or what??

Aris

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really don't mind doing changes to my bike, it helps take up the winter months of not riding. :D On another note, this board isn't too bad, but do any of you know a more dedicated Standards/Naked/Streetfighter bike site?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts