Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 3 years of working a helpdesk, ( to pay the bills),I'm FINALLY back to being a server admin. :)
I was picked by several managers to go work at a new aquisition, and bring them up to speed. The place looks like a high end doctor's office with a state of the art server room. Something like a billion dollars worth of transaction go thru there per month...Obviously, it's a high priority, high demand system....Can't have any downtime when you handle people's medical records.. ;-) Money is no object at this place....The Break room has 10 different kinds of soda/ bottled water and they buy lunch for everyone on Fridays... I'm SOOOO psyched it's not even funny....At least I'll get to work on multiple platforms....UNIX, Linux, Win2000 server, Win 2003 server , VMS, and exchange server....I swear, It's like I'm dreaming....I didn't think I'd EVER get the chance to be an admin again..(not alot of jobs out where I am, after 9/11..

Jimmy G

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Congrats, hope all goes well!:thumb:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!!
It should work out well....The ONLY down side is...my commute goes from 5 minutes to 1/2 hour...Still reasonable... :)

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Half hour isn't bad, that's about the shortest I've ever had. I could live closer to work, but don't want to. A longer commute gives you more time to ride, weather permitting. There is always a plus.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Congrats my friend! That is awesome that you got a good IT job. I hope that when I get out of the military, I can find work as a network security / ISSM

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Movin' on up. Good luck man.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Nice, congrats man. Remember to swipe us some free soda from your break room...:D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
wheelie123 said:
Nice, congrats man. Remember to swipe us some free soda from your break room...:D
And honeybuns...Mountain Dew and Honeybuns. Typical morning meal for an IT guy/girl(for all you women's rights c*nts out there). :eek:

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Slip-On Rapist said:
(for all you women's rights c*nts out there). :eek:
:laughing:

Don't be sexist, broads hate that. :2cents:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
spicersh said:
:laughing:

Don't be sexist, broads hate that. :2cents:
I'd be like...."Hey wench, what time is it?! There's a clock above the stove!!!".

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Slip-On Rapist said:
I'd be like...."Hey wench, what time is it?! There's a clock above the stove!!!".
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you are single? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Jester said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you are single? :dunno:
Guess again buddy. Married. My wife just doesn't know about this thread so I can say what I want and won't get my ass kicked!

:thumb:

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Slip-On Rapist said:
Guess again buddy. Married. My wife just doesn't know about this thread so I can say what I want and won't get my ass kicked!

:thumb:

What's it worth to ya! :eyebrows:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Slip-On Rapist said:
"Hey! Why dont you stop dressin' me up like a mailman, and making me dance for you, while you go and smoke crack in your bedroom and have sex with some guy I don't even know on my dad's bed!"
Cartman rules :D

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
wheelie123 said:
"Hey! Why dont you stop dressin' me up like a mailman, and making me dance for you, while you go and smoke crack in your bedroom and have sex with some guy I don't even know on my dad's bed!"
Sick quote man. Its amazing how relative it is to certain individuals posting on this thread:twofinger :twofinger :D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
wheelie123 said:
1 word...........CLASSIC

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
"Okay! Why does everything today, revolve around something going either in, or out of my ass....SEEUSLY!" Cartman Gets An Anal Probe
"MAAAAHHHHMM (Cartman saying Mom)? You....you'd tell me if you were in a German sheisse video, wou...wouldn't you?"
And still one of the best.."Beefcake! BEEEEEFCAAAAAAKE!!!!"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts