Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm not riding yet but I am looking forward to it. I wish to learn from the experienced riders on this forum and hopefully I won't make the same mistakes. Hopefully I can contribute ideas as well and make this forum worth while. I am a diesel truck/ car mechanic. :hello:

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Welcome! :cheers:

Learning from our mistakes can take a while, but it'll be worth it for you!

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

Some mistakes seem to inevitable so you shouldn't feel bad if you end up doing them too. Example: dropping the bike because you forgot to put the kickstand down :cussing;

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Welcome to SBW!

Lesson 1 - Start small. Don't worry about people giving you sh*t for it. Better to be an old, smart rider, than a young, dead one. The riders you want to get to know won't give a rat's bum what you're riding, so long as you're riding.

Lesson 2 - Buy gear and wear it. It ain't gonna protect your a**e if it's sitting at home 'cause you were a bit hot. Sweat's easier to replace than blood.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to SBW!

Lesson 1 - Start small. Don't worry about people giving you sh*t for it. Better to be an old, smart rider, than a young, dead one. The riders you want to get to know won't give a rat's bum what you're riding, so long as you're riding.

Lesson 2 - Buy gear and wear it. It ain't gonna protect your a**e if it's sitting at home 'cause you were a bit hot. Sweat's easier to replace than blood.
I like the logic of these Lessons something i would think of even though im not riding YET! The thinking process before putting this was on track :burnout:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah i came in with almost zero knowledge didnt even know what bike was good for me. I wanted a GSX R 1000 and they have told me to start on a 500 or 250 and i will listen. Kinda glad they didnt get mad at me :D. But now i understand the riding could get me kill if get a bike the over powers my skill lvl. I am also looking forward to ride. Good luck to you as well. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts