Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im a new rider and was looking for people to meet / ride with. I just picked up a 04 blue R6. Does anyone organize and meets / rides on here?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Beantown R6 said:
Hi im a new rider and was looking for people to meet / ride with. I just picked up a 04 blue R6. Does anyone organize and meets / rides on here?
new rider with a new R6? good luck with it bro and respect its power and authority. don't ride it like a dick. i'm in your area and i don't want to read about you in the papers.

welcome BTW. :hello:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i just finished a safety beginer course over the weekend. i got a good head on my shoulders and im not gonna get on the bike and ride like an itiot. i hope to use the forumn to find some useful information. i also own a rsx and i post on clubrsx. we have meets over there alot and get together and cruise around. i was hoping to find the same type of community over here. are there alot of bostonians on this forum?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Beantown R6 said:
yeah i just finished a safety beginer course over the weekend. i got a good head on my shoulders and im not gonna get on the bike and ride like an itiot.
:thumb: good for you and glad to hear it. if you head west, let me know. maybe we'll hook up.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey! and welcome to the SBW.

new rider and new R6...could be a scary combo. take care of yourself on it. that bike has quite a punch. where did you get yours from? my best friend also just got a blue '04 R6 from Riverside in Union Sq. I've actully been riding it more than he has, heh. it's a really a fun bike. both of us live in Central Sq (cambridge, ma). where you at?

-chr|s

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris Sedition said:
Hey! and welcome to the SBW.

new rider and new R6...could be a scary combo. take care of yourself on it. that bike has quite a punch. where did you get yours from? my best friend also just got a blue '04 R6 from Riverside in Union Sq. I've actully been riding it more than he has, heh. it's a really a fun bike. both of us live in Central Sq (cambridge, ma). where you at?

-chr|s
hey cool man, i live in watertown, MA. I bought the bike at Excalibur Powersports in CT. I think i got a good deal, my friend brought me down there that, he has brought them 10 ppl to buy bikes, including myself. i paid 7800 OTD, but i gotta pay the taxes in Mass when i register it. it ws the last one they had so i bought it :) I actually don't have the bike yet, i wanted to ride it home this weekend but since it is gonna snow tuesday and maybee fri i don't think thats gonna happen, so im gonna get my dad's silverado and truck it back. i have taken my friends 250 ninja out on the road and i took the course, i feel comfortable on a bike, but im sure the R6 is a hell of a fast bike, and the handling is superior, i can't wait to get on it. but i know to respect the bike, and im just gonna take it easy on it. do you have a bike or do you just ride your friends R6?

·
Registered
471 Posts
hey, i sent you an email on your sportbike account. got nothing back. maybe it got lost on the server or something. figured i'd try this route...hit me back.

-chr|s

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here is some info for you on Local (To Boston) Sport Riding Groups, and how to find cool peeps to ride with.

http://www.nestreetriders.com

http://www.sportriders.com

Also, Bike nights:

Tuesday nights, Heratage Ice Cream in Lowell MA has BIKE NIGHT. It's located on the Merimac River, near Umass. 300-600 bikes show up EVERY WEEK.

Thursday Nights, Motomarket in Acton on Rt 119/2A (http://www.motomkt.com) has Euro bike night (it's open to all kinds of bikes tho, Jap included) and I believe a group rides from there to Miracle of Science Bar on Mass Ave for "Bike night" there after the MotoMkt hanging out.

And as a side note, you can show up at Motomarket in Acton ANY weekend morning around 9 when they open to find group rides leaving for various routes around New England.

Hope you enjoy the R6, that's a sweet ride man. Be Safe.

·
Registered
471 Posts

Thursday Nights, Motomarket in Acton on Rt 119/2A (http://www.motomkt.com) has Euro bike night (it's open to all kinds of bikes tho, Jap included) and I believe a group rides from there to Miracle of Science Bar on Mass Ave for "Bike night" there after the MotoMkt hanging out.

[/B]

i live across the street from Mircle of Science...there are *always* bikes parked there at night.

also Riverside Motorsports (Union Sq, Somerville MA) does rides leaving from the store on Sunday mornings (10am, usually leave by 10:30am) that gfo all day. check their web cite

http://www.riversidemoto.com/event_calendar.asp?sid=05296595X5K13K2004J4I38I21JPMQ194R0

or Chris at the store for 617-628-6400 for details.

-chris sedition

·
Registered
325 Posts
I work 5 minutes from MotoMarket in Acton. If anyone's ever in the mood for a lunch ride in the area, please let me know. I know some great roads around here and have a very flexible day schedule.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts