Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK a bit about myself. I work as a field service tech for a rather large company... And decided that it was about time for me to do something nice for myself... I always wanted a bike but never got one in the past cause, well I'm dumb and would kill myself. So now that I am 25 (I know there isn't a majic age that you stop being dumb...) I figured I would have enough control not to do any thing stupid. So i got a 82 suzuki gs750t it was an old bike and I know most people have dropped them so I got a cheap one....

But I was ridding it around for about a month and started to get coumfortable one it... (not a good thing) I was riding with a group of friends and went around a turn (luckly not too fast) there was a stop light at the end of the turn that I forgot was there. It turned yellow, I grabbed the brake too hard and down I go. And me in my infinite wisdome don't have very much saftey gear on... I was wearing boots, jeans, t-shirt and full face helmate.

So now I have a broken clutch lever, speedo, turn signal, and leaking engine cover. So everyone else that is just starting out take my advice get the right safety gear. it will save you a bit of pain.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
So now I have a broken clutch lever, speedo, turn signal, and leaking engine cover. So everyone else that is just starting out take my advice get the right safety gear. it will save you a bit of pain.
:thumb:

Sorry to hear about your crash, glad you made it out without too much damage to yourself or the bike.

And everyone, whether starting out or a 50-year veteran, should dress up to go down.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
The New Riders stickies cover that, plus something you're missing that's very important too: training. Get to an MSF course post haste.

And welcome :cheers:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The New Riders stickies cover that, plus something you're missing that's very important too: training. Get to an MSF course post haste.

And welcome :cheers:
Thank you, I totally forgot to mention about that in there. I was going to take one but I go out of state almost every week and never know when so I would have to find one that does it only on the weekends (which I can't find one around that does:dunno:) still looking though.

Thanks again :thumbs2:

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Welcome to SBW! :twofinger (<- standard greeting)

Sorry you had to learn the hard way that we don't dress up in leather just to look cool. :(

Hope you and the bike heal up quick and that you're out there again soon. :D

·
Registered
258 Posts

Sorry you had to learn the hard way that we don't dress up in leather just to look cool. :(

Cookee: Are you talking about Motorcycle Leather or your home gear?????

To Ogre;

You're already taking part in your training by admitting your mistake and learning from it. I would say don't be so hard on yourself, but really, you should be so you don't forget the lesson. Welcome to the home of some very knowledgeable and good advice dispensing riders! These guys will guide you no matter what day it is, and no matter what time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks Cookee,

Its going to take more then a little tumble to stop me from doing something I have wanted to do since I can remember. I am healed enough to jump back on her and am going to fix her up to day (hopefully with enough time to ride :eyebrows:)

Cookee: Are you talking about Motorcycle Leather or your home gear?????

To Ogre;

You're already taking part in your training by admitting your mistake and learning from it. I would say don't be so hard on yourself, but really, you should be so you don't forget the lesson. Welcome to the home of some very knowledgeable and good advice dispensing riders! These guys will guide you no matter what day it is, and no matter what time.
I will be the first person to say when I mess up, and I appreciate all the advice from everyone... even if it is calling me a friggen idiot (so open invite if i say or do something dumb which i most likely will feel free to give me a slap upside the head)

P.S. I am going to get the rest of my gear when I go get some parts I need to fix the old girl :cool:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Sorry to hear about your spill Ogre. Welcome to the forum though. The guys on here really know just about everything when it comes to riding and bikes, it's awesome. I just started riding in the spring and they have answered every question I've ever had and never called me out on my stupidity.:laughing: I hope you get the bike running so you can get back out there (with gear on hopefully) and have some fun. But if you've got questions this is the place to post them. You can trust what they say 100%.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the bike running yesterday. Now I need to get a jacket... No places open on sundays around here. Using my buddys jacket till then. Ridding is great.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
...they have answered every question I've ever had and never called me out on my stupidity...

...You can trust what they say 100%.
Of course we did! We just did it with love. :loser:

That's just too big a door to leave open, but I'm going to cut you a break and not walk through it. :moon:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Of course we did! We just did it with love.

That's just too big a door to leave open, but I'm going to cut you a break and not walk through it.
Lmao! Okay, well I suppose there may have been a few times but it's always in a light hearted way. Though I should have listened to you guys a little better when it came to selecting my gear. I now have two jackets that I hate and riding pants that don't protect my waist. :loser:

And as for that door you're not walking thru... It's probably a good thing that I don't think like you 'cause I don't even know where you could be going with that. :twofinger

·
Registered
338 Posts
Glad your back up and run...since you have a GS you may wanna visit "www.thegsresources.com" it's a better forum with members having like bikes to yours and it's more active than this forum which is near ghost town in activity.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just to give you all a heads up I am still riding and haven't had any problems since. I joined thegsresourses. thanks for the heads up catback. thanks for everyones help

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
kewl :cool: That's partly what we're here for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts