Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I feel that I owe myself a nice gift to go with the new ZR750. My Shoei RF-R is a great helmet, but I am thinking about going a bit better. Also the RF-R is in basic black and I would like something that compliments the bike somewhat.

I want a comfortable helmet that is quiet (with earplugs of course). Full face and both DOT and Snell ratings are important. I will spend money, though I have to keep it within a reasonable amount. I did buy a new bike this year... ;)

Any good suggestions people? I thought about the Shoei RF-800, X-Tec and the Arai. Haven't found a store with any AGV or Bieffe helmets to try in my neighborhood and I want to try before I buy.

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR750F2, a.k.a. ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3

·
Registered
54 Posts
Richard, My shop carries Arai, Bieffe, and Shoei. He doesn't have a lot in stock but he can get almost anything. I'm probably going to get a new Arai from him. Let me know if you want to take a ride there. He's in Deer Park.

------------------

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine carries Arai, Shoei, HJC. Said he had an RF-800 in basic black for $200. Not a bad deal. I want to see what other colors he has as the RF-800 is being discontinued and I may be able to get a good deal.

Where do you go in Deer Park? I go to LI Kawasaki/Yamaha in Hicksville.

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR750F2, a.k.a. ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3

·
Registered
263 Posts
OGK's FF3 I don't know about the rateings though.

------------------
Kyle M. m/16 Noblesville,IN

If you're a poser and you know it, clap your hands.

"Big Dick's HARDCORE Road Racing School, where we drag more than our knees."

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i really like my agv helmet a lot. the only helmet i tried on that i liked more was an arai rx7rr3. the arai was about $200 more though. i have an agv qr3 replica helmet. lots of sizing choices, the breathe deflector sucks ass (i have to use tape on the track).

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to let everyone know, I did get a new helmet this weekend. Picked up a nice Shoei RF-800 Scepter TC-5 (silver/black) for $275 plus tax at my local dealer. It is just so much more comfortable and quieter than my older RF-R there is hardly a comparison. I plan to keep the RF-R for real winter riding (it is larger and a balaclava will easily fit under the RF-R but not the 800).

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Glenn. Yes, I tried an Arai Signet, but it was just too tight and not comfortable at all. On the other hand, when I tried on the RF-800 it fit like a glove. Guess I have a Shoei head...;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts