Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
wheelie123 said:
Thanks, Dad. Does she ride? And I don't mean that in a disrespectful way.
Yes, since the mid seventies. And I don't mean that in a disrespectful way.;)

She has just recently started riding track days at Loudon. Being a very short, tiny person (I don't think she even breaks five feet) she picked up an EX-250 for some street riding, but primarily for riding track days. She spent most of her years on cruisers and old standards primarily for the ground reach issue.

She rode from Va to NH back in the seventies, going to school up there, and liked it enough that she stayed. Spent a number of years working for GE but has been enjoying life more now. Her husband is a long time rider as well. I've been on a number of east coast mountain rides with them over the years, from Maine down to the Carolina's. Solid riders and very cool people.:)

Unfortunately, she shattered her heel last fall putting the final touches on a metal roof she was working on. Well, not actually on the roof, not even in the air while falling the two or three stories to the ground, but right about the point of impact, heel first.;) She's mending well but has some recouperation time to put in getting everything back to 100%. Don't know how that's going to work but hopefully she should be good for the riding season.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
wheelie123 said:
I might be moving to new Hampshire.........any riders up there or close to there?
Then you tell me it is too cold here in GA. Now don't you think it will be a wee bit colder up there.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
i'm an ass, i mean, i'm IN Mass. i ride in NH all the time. where in NH are you moving to?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: New Hampshire?

ga_skyline_rydr said:
Then you tell me it is too cold here in GA. Now don't you think it will be a wee bit colder up there.
Hey man, I'm not ridin' in 20 degree weather ANYWHERE. It's just too good of a situation for me right now.

monkey, I'll be moving to the White Mountains.....Conway area. I've already been in touch with some riders. We'll need to get up a group and ride. I'm not missing Bike Week at Loudon. I've wanted to do that for 15 years.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
dude, Conway is relatively touristy with outlet stores and such. what will you be doing there for work? if you ski bro, i got one word for ya...WILDCAT!

its nice up there. not too far from Mt. Washington and the Kancamagus highway and Bear Notch Road is a nice ride on the bike. I've been up there several times (about 3 hours from me). personally, i prefer the other side of the Kancamagus over by North Woodstock and Franconia Notch. we'll have to hook up next time i'm up that way.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
monkey said:
dude, Conway is relatively touristy with outlet stores and such. what will you be doing there for work? if you ski bro, i got one word for ya...WILDCAT!

its nice up there. not too far from Mt. Washington and the Kancamagus highway and Bear Notch Road is a nice ride on the bike. I've been up there several times (about 3 hours from me). personally, i prefer the other side of the Kancamagus over by North Woodstock and Franconia Notch. we'll have to hook up next time i'm up that way.
Definitely, man. Once I'm up there I'll PM you with my info. Are you a member of nestreetriders.com ? I just joined last night based on stoinky's suggestion, so I don't know much about it.

Yeah, the area has a lot of tourists, but it's a hell of a lot smaller than Atlanta, so it will be a welcome change. Yeah, there are a lot of places I used to go driving that I want to ride now. And I REALLY want to go to Bike Week at Loudon.:drool: :D 3 hours isn't bad and since I haven't ridden in a while, I am more than willing to ride south into Mass to meet some riders/go for a ride.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
wheelie123 said:
Definitely, man. Once I'm up there I'll PM you with my info. Are you a member of nestreetriders.com ? I just joined last night based on stoinky's suggestion, so I don't know much about it.

Yeah, the area has a lot of tourists, but it's a hell of a lot smaller than Atlanta, so it will be a welcome change. Yeah, there are a lot of places I used to go driving that I want to ride now. And I REALLY want to go to Bike Week at Loudon.:drool: :D 3 hours isn't bad and since I haven't ridden in a while, I am more than willing to ride south into Mass to meet some riders/go for a ride.
we could meet half way bro! :thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Haha...Conway.
You'll have to try Hurricane Mountain road(North Conway)...it's a blast on a bike.
Just see if you can go over 10mph...incredible

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
then that's what we'll do, monkey.

as for hurricane mountain, fuck going fast on a bike. my best friend in high school lived there and that road SUCKS.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stoinkythepig said:
T'was recently repaved. Fuck going slowly:D
LOL....I'll have to give it a go then. You better not be screwing with me: I would hate to get stuck in a tree when I start my descent and hit a set of whoops at full clip.:twofinger I can just hear that phone call to the fire department to get me unstuck: "Ummmmm.....yeah......I uh...."

·
Registered
2 Posts
From the Lebanon Area which is about 2 hours from conway but there is about 5 of us that ride most weekends up that way or towads parts of vermont if anyelse would like to join us more the merrier

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sweet, man. I'll give you a call when I get there. I'm getting there the end of March/beginning of April. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts