Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi yall new guy here. Just wanted to say hi. Bikeless for the moment but looking to get the 01 CBR600 f4i. Was wandering if I should get a new bike or a used one for my first bike.

Glad to be here guys.

P

·
0 Posts
Greetings!

Welcome! Glad to see another Southern Louisiana boy on the board (I was born and raised in southeast La.).

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
swamp said:
Was wandering if I should get a new bike or a used one for my first bike.
Welcome to SBW:)

And as for getting a new bike for a first ride, I say go for it. Just get something that's in your budget. If you can get a new bike, do, if not get a used one. No matter what you decide to get just practice some self control, and you'll do fine.:) Also be sure to spend some of that money on some safety equipment.

I bought a new bike for my first street bike (but I've been riding dirt bikes for years).

Have you ridden any bikes?

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Welcome. :cool:

Buying new first is okay as long as you take your time and get used to riding. My first bike was a new VFR and I never wrecked it and traded it with about 24K miles. Insurance can be quite expensive on the new bikes so keep that in mind. :)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Be the CBR...feel the CBR...buy the CBR600 F4i!

Don't listen to those wussy's that'll try and steer you toward a 500 or 250. Get whatever you like, and ride it responsibly, within your personal limits.

Welcome to SBW. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Pete thanks for the website link. And to JDM in line Southaven , MS near Memphis.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts