Sportbike World banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Close enough. Maybe a couple horsepower, that's it.

2-up, I haven't done on anything but my bike and a katana which aren't bad, but the race-reps don't look too great for it. Can obviously be done/people do it, but the passenger pillars are tiny and the foot rests are high so your passenger probably won't be too comfortable on a longer ride. Hopefully someone else can answer that better than I can.

Are you planning on doing a lot of 400+ mile rides/day trips? If that's the case you may want to expand your search past supersports. Honda VFR, Kawasaki ZZR600, Yamaha FZ-6, Suzuki Katana. They're not as hot looking as the supersports, but you're compromising a bit for comfort.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Hell, I'm not on the back..........

Will a recent 600 be as good as a recent (within the year 2000) 750? For two people cruising around that is...

·
Registered
980 Posts
Skip that pussy shit, get a zx-14, its got even more power than a hayabusa. Its what men with real balls ride. I agree to olsons brother, at least olson got a 600 right? (or was it the 750).

·
Registered
658 Posts
Rhino said:
Now I really want to ride a new 600. Could it be a good bike for two people regularly though? And do any 04' or 05' 600's perform like I hear the 06' do?
You won't be able to tell the difference between an '04, '05, and '06. The only time those differences show up is at the track with professionals riding them. I used to work with a guy who rode in the middle of the pack in WERA (2003) on a '92 F2. It's all in the rider.

Where's Smitty anyway?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well I was totally against the ninja 500. But now I'm loving the ninja 636 R. Anybody have any reviews or opinions on them? I think I might grab one of those now. Only 8K+ new

·
Registered
980 Posts
All I know is my friend has the two brothers twin pipes on his, and riding next to it, it is pretty loud, riding on the bike, it is unbearably loud and I wouldn't want to be on it over 7k rpm.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
well, I got a bike finally. I pick it up Tuesday. It's an 03 ninja 636 with only 1800 miles on it and a Hindle slip-on. Any input on this bike would be appreciated. Anyone aware of Hindle slip-ons? It sounded good at the dealership, but i didn't hit it too high on the tach. I'm actually having a tough time doing any legitimate research online about it. I believe it's a 4 outta 5 star bike with an average slip-on, and happens to be a common stunter because of the slightly increased tourque at low end. I just want a nice ride..... Thanks for your help before too guys, I almost bought a couple liters I had come across. I would definitely have bought that beautiful and sedistic 04 GSXR1000 if I hadn't come here first. I owe ya one!

Check it out...........
http://cigs4sale.tripod.com/pictures/index.album?i=9

I couldn't single out that pic, so don't mind the other stuff.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hindle is a middle of the pack exhaust manufacturer. Not Ackrapovic type quality, but better than D&D, or Vance & Hines. Good sound, deep, hearty, loud but not annoyingly so. Should be a 1 or 2 hp increase. They are apparently manufactured in Windsor or London Ontario, but I'm not sure if they are a Canadian company or not.

I have a Hindle can on my Gixxer, and I can't complain about it at all.

Later, keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
515 Posts
unless you're a total dick, I'd suggest you spring for a rear seat for your gf, it'll be uncomfortable and unsafe to sit on that rear cowl. Oh, and get some frame sliders, 30-40 bucks is better than shelling out hundreds for new plastics.

aside from that, nice ride, still not the best beginner bike (but sure as hell looks good), and I'd take that over you getting a liter bike :thumb:

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Yes Gang, Rhino is a bit of a cocky smartass but he's not totally out of line here. Someone that has ridden off road most of his life would be wasting their time on a 500 Ninja and an SV could be outgrown quickly if in an area where there is not a lot of nice curves. The guy stated over and over that his girlfriend will be with him. SVs and 500s aren't good 2 up machines.

I wouldn't exactly call someone that has ridden off road "a beginner". If the guy is good on the dirt and keeps his head then he can certainly handle a 636. It's a great bike and given the info provided it's probably not a bad choice.

Any of the sportbikes can get you killed in a hurry if you are a dumbass and the key is don't be a dumbass. The GSXR 750 or the 1000cc four would have been a very risky decision though. The RC-51 actually is pretty easy to ride and would have not been a totally bad choice other than it would be very uncomfortable and a suck ass commuter. I spent the winter and part of the Spring in the Boston, MA area and had my CBR1000RR up there for a month. You have crappy roads and I would not recommend and RC-51 for up there because of that. The RC and the 1000 fours are built for one thing... curves.

To whoever put the GSXR750 and the Ducati 749 in the same category... I've got news for you. The 749 can't touch the GSXR750. The 749 would have all it can handle with the GSXR600 which is what they are meant to battle with.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Sweet, the bike rips beautifully. It has a seemingly perfect amount of power, response, handling, and comfort. Wait a minute, the comfort is great except for my two apprentices if ya know what I mean. I understand that the gas tank pad is there for this purpose, but it HURTS to ride after a while because it seems I'm being pulled into the gas tank by my Johnson Long. I can slide back in the seat a bunch, but it feels odd to ride like that since I lose alot of grip, if you will. How do I solve this? Again, I'm a new guy so I do actually need to ask the question. Is it my seated stance, or something else? How can I fix the problem? Thanks Guys

·
Registered
515 Posts
tank grips for your leg, and instead of putting all that weight on your pelvis, use your legs to lift the pressure off of your nuts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I hit bumps and felt surging pressure within. I can only imagine jacking my brakes or bumping into something. I'd seriously explode. leg/tank grips will be next then. It sounds totally plausable. Is it an issue on most sportbikes? I've heard things such as staying away from the tank when coming off a wheelie. Any other helpful info? This forum needs a "riding technique" category.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Damn I brought popcorn an I think I missed everything. Try the stunt riding thread, if anybody has pointers they will.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts