Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi. Been lurking for a while and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Curt, I live in Mesa and have been riding twisty roads in AZ longer than most of you have been alive. Currently riding an old school 1983 Kawi 750. A very expensive divorce keeps me from upgrading right now, but hopefully soon. Hope you guys are not too stuck up to have an old guy on an old bike ride along now and again. Look foward to meeting some of you. Thanks.

·
Registered
363 Posts
welcome to the board... too old never... as long as your on 2 wheels.... and a kawi at that...sweeet

·
Registered
8 Posts
rhino: There's no such thing as too old. There is a guy that I ride with here in Tucson who is over 60.......and he rides an RC51. He also has a Handicap plate. It's the funniest thing in the world to see a sportbike with a handi plate pull into a handi spot. Then just when you think it's some young punk, he takes his helmet off and bingo.

Dano

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess I am not quite that old, but I have been around. Rode the Tortilla Flat run for the first time in 1976 on a Triumph 570 MX bike that was street legal. I rode Supermotard before it was cool! Was sideways all the way, knobbies don't hook up too well on pavement. Beat a lot of guys on streetbikes on that bike. Mostly because I was young and had no fear. Thanks for the welcome. Last ride to the Flats was ignored by a lot of the sportbike guys, I guess cause I don't ride the latest and greatest.

·
Registered
363 Posts
rhino105 said:
Well I guess I am not quite that old, but I have been around. Rode the Tortilla Flat run for the first time in 1976 on a Triumph 570 MX bike that was street legal. I rode Supermotard before it was cool! Was sideways all the way, knobbies don't hook up too well on pavement. Beat a lot of guys on streetbikes on that bike. Mostly because I was young and had no fear. Thanks for the welcome. Last ride to the Flats was ignored by a lot of the sportbike guys, I guess cause I don't ride the latest and greatest.
no lastest and greatest here... although i did pass quite a few...

·
Registered
30 Posts
well i am just a baby (18) so what i think matters!!! and i think that ur NOT too old. welcome dude!!! lol. I am somewhat new also and it's cool you joined this forum. everyone..so far....is cool as hell and very supportive. so welcome and have good times....hehe
sam

·
Registered
184 Posts
wlecome to the board rhino...never to o hold to hang with us man...we are not a bunch of elitists...always glad to have another bike around and a member to learn from.

·
Registered
363 Posts
dbo said:
we are not a bunch of elitists...

i dont know about you but i know i am.... :twofinger :p :p

·
Registered
150 Posts
rhino105 said:
Just wanted to say hi. Been lurking for a while and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Curt, I live in Mesa and have been riding twisty roads in AZ longer than most of you have been alive. Currently riding an old school 1983 Kawi 750. A very expensive divorce keeps me from upgrading right now, but hopefully soon. Hope you guys are not too stuck up to have an old guy on an old bike ride along now and again. Look foward to meeting some of you. Thanks.
LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL. WELCOME TO THE BOARD! A BIKES A BIKE,A BIKE. TWO WHEELS NEW OR OLD. EVERYONE BRINGS
EXPERIENCE AND WISDOME ON AND OFF THE ROAD. GLAD TO HAVE YA HERE. FEEL FREE TO TO POST UP ANY TIME WE RIDE.
MYSELF ,DBO,TLR,KAWABOY I THINK ARE MOST ACTIVE AROUND THESES PARTS . YOUR WELCOME ANYTIME ................ :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts