Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm new to these forums and about to purchase my first bike. I've been looking around, and I've found what looks like a good deal. Can I have some input from you guys?

2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
5,219 miles

Needs a new front tire, has a brand new rear. Has a few small dings and scratches here and there, otherwise seems to be in great shape. He did tell me it was dumped once, and showed me all the damage that resulted. He let me start it up and take it for a little ride, I like the way it rides and handles. It seems to be in excellent mechanical condition, everything is clean and it starts right up and revs up with no problems. Everything works.

He's asking $1700.

What do you think?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sit on it and hold the bars a strait as you can to see if the forks are bent at all, I have seen that a couple of times looking at used bikes that have been laid down. also check to see if all of the hardware (bolts) and corresponding sockets are intact. see if the motor casing has any scratches on it. and check that the vin hasn't been removed or replaced. It sounds like a fair price for the bike. and I would have bought it if it's in good condition.

To me it sounds like someone is finally getting rid of their starter bike and wants to sell it fast so they can put a down payment on a rr model. I would take it!

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

Pretty good price :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts