Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be picking up my bike this weekend and am SO VERY excited... always looking for tips and riders in my area... anyone close to Topeka, KS?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi, Welcome :D!

Always good to start out on a machine like an EX250. If you can, you should take the MSF course...they will teach you how to do things like make U turns. Good luck on the new bike!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unfortunately all of those classes around this area (that i know about) are full ALREADY! The first openings they have for beginners is August and hopefully I won't be a beginner by then...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome --

Enjoy the site and the bike.. Great starter bike..

:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Z - you might try contacting SMART, Inc. They are based out of Topeka, but do classes all over the state. I took mine through them at the BCCC location in El Dorado.
Their URL is www.smartbiker.org
It was a pretty fun class, they are a good group of people!

BTW, I'm in southern kansas, about 1.5 hours or so south of Topeka.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice. They are the ones i contacted and did not have any open classes until AUGUST for this area. :( puh. I think i'm up a creek without a paddle on that one... thinking of road tripping to find one tho ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EXACTLY. ;)

Ok, i pick it up in less than 2 hours... won't be on the computer this afternoon!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Close to Topeka

Deidra: I live and work in Leavenworth, KS...so I guess I'm pretty close to Topeka. I have a 2000 Suzuki Hayabusa, which I ride every weekend with other sportbike riders in the area (Kansas City mostly). We are always happy to have new riders join us. Let me know if you're interested in joining us, or if Leavenworth is too far for you.
Bill

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm always looking for people to ride with. Of course, you'd have to ride nice, your bike would eat mine for lunch! ;) But hey, I didn't kill myself today and I didn't kill the bike once so I must be doing *something* right!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here ya go, Yea, I look like heck warmed over, but hey, I had been out riding. When it gets nicer out, I'll doll up for some *nicer* pics, IYKWIM... ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts