Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, EVERYONE
I JUST RECENTLY BROUGHT A USED HONDA CBR 600 AND KINDA ALREADY DROPPED IT TRYING TO MOVE IT OFF A TRAILER BY MYSELF ( CAN I SAY WHAT A IDIOT) "SMILE". I JUST MOVED TO GA SO I KNOW NOONE AT ALL. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF LEARNING TO RIDE...I TOOK A CLASS YESTERDAY AND UM CAN I SAY TURNS AND THROTTLES AND ME DON'T MIX WELL ! IM GOING BACK ON THE 29TH. I WANT TO PRACTICE ON MY OWN BIKE BUT NOT BY MYSELF SO IF THERE ARE ANY BRAVE RIDERS WHO WOULN'T MIND SPEND A HOUR OR TWO IN A PARKING LOT BY ALL MEANS LET ME KNOW !

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Hey welcome to SBW!

Congrats on the new purchase and dont worry too much about dropping it. Bikes have two wheels, and sometimes they fall over. Its not nearly as big of a deal as everyone makes it out to be. Scratches are character.

Do me one favor, lay off the caps, it abit too loud.

Good luck, and I'm sure you will have plenty of Ga riders willing to show you the basics

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I would be more than happy to help you out but I'm in East TN... Knoxville area. :(

What part of GA are you in?

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Re: Thanks u guys!

PURPLE PRINCESS said:
I live Lithonia GA ..I took another class and I fell alot better on my bike.
Excellent.

Lithonia is not too far from some of the greatest roads in the US. The region where GA, NC and TN meet is awesome for sportbikes.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Re: Re: Thanks u guys!

RCjohn said:
Excellent.

Lithonia is not too far from some of the greatest roads in the US. The region where GA, NC and TN meet is awesome for sportbikes.
You act like you can't say the name, or you will be cursed... That "region" isn't "That Scottish Play" ya know. ;)

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Thanks u guys!

saturntangerine said:
You act like you can't say the name, or you will be cursed... That "region" isn't "That Scottish Play" ya know. ;)
What name?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Woo Hoo! Lithonia is just a few miles from Conyers!! I'd be more than happy to ride around with you any time. :thumbs2: Just shoot me a PM. In the meantime you should check out BSB at www.blokessportbike.com for the scoop on what's going on around the atlanta area. The guy that runs it lives right in Covington! Just tell 'em Blesk sent ya in your intro. :cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Blesk said:
Woo Hoo! Lithonia is just a few miles from Conyers!! I'd be more than happy to ride around with you any time. :thumbs2: Just shoot me a PM. In the meantime you should check out BSB at www.blokessportbike.com for the scoop on what's going on around the atlanta area. The guy that runs it lives right in Covington! Just tell 'em Blesk sent ya in your intro. :cheers:
Beat me to it, Blesk! :D

Hi, Purple Princess! :hello: I right up the road in Snellville and ride with the folks from BSB, too! Great bunch of people and there are a bunch of folks around that'll ride with ya.

Don't worry, Rita was pristine when I bought her three years ago. Now, she has "character." You know, a few lines around her eyes, and little scratches here and there. :laughing:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: Thanks u guys!

PURPLE PRINCESS said:
I live Lithonia GA ..I took another class and I fell alot better on my bike.
some of the ladies are joining up for a ride on sunday...we are meeting at the end of 400 in Dalonaga at 10 am....you are more than welcome....:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts