Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello eveyone, yesterday was my birthday and my fiance gave me a full Yosh system for my bike. I was wondering how difficult a job it is to put a full system onto a twin, will I need any special tools, and about how long will it take to do it. Thanks for any tips.

sean
'98 tls

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I want...!

TLSean said:
...my fiance gave me a full Yosh system for my bike
What are your views on open relationships? Are you willing to share. Maybe I'll just have to kill you and marry her myself. Would that be OK? If not, does she have a sister?

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Normal hand tools and a few hours should do the job. If you take your time and use your head you should have no problem at all.

But you will probibly want to get your FI adjusted after putting the pipes on.

Sorry, I'm a carb guy and know nothing about FI. Can someone else here help Sean on that?

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Re: I want...!

CBR Brutha said:
TLSean said:
...my fiance gave me a full Yosh system for my bike
What are your views on open relationships? Are you willing to share. Maybe I'll just have to kill you and marry her myself. Would that be OK? If not, does she have a sister?
nick, remind you of thart one beer commercial, doesn't it?

sean, you are one lucky guy.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Sean - As Robert (Sportbike World) said - hand tools usually cover the job. In most cases you need to undo several 12mm nuts and a pair of vice grips to help with the springs that will most likely come with your new Yosh kit.

As far as the FI goes - you may need to do some kind of remapping to avoid flat spots in the rev range. I would talk to the Suzuki dealer and see if they recommend a new ECU or possibly a change in Injectors.

Good Luck and keep us posted b/c I too have limited FI expirience.

·
Registered
425 Posts
New System

Sean,I had a full RS-3 race system on my `98 TLR by my dealer but it can`t be too hard to do it yourself,be patient.You will have to re-map,I used the Yoshimura Re-calibration Box.It plugs into your wiring harness(on my TLR,its in the trunk)and provides adjustment for low,mid and top end in 5% increments.You would probably want to go at least +5% on your bottom end but probably no more than 10%.I`ve got a BMC air filter and with my exhaust I`m at +5%,+10%,+5%.For someone who knows how to use the Yosh box,it takes a couple minutes to re-map.The other option is the Dyna Power Commander and I believe it plugs into the ECU but I don`t have any knowledge on it.Good luck....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts