Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going all... just wanted to introduce myself. My name's JC and I'm in E-City, NC. I have a 2000 R6 and a 2006 R1... life if GOOD! Any good rallies along the East Coast besides Myrtle Beach?

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Welcome to SBW!!! :D

NC? Is that North Carolina? I'll be in North Carolina in late March, next year, on my honeymoon. Staying at a friend's lake house on Lake Toxaway (sp?).

Anyway, take a good look around the site. There's more information and good times here than you can poke a stick at. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome! Drop a line if you'll be riding in North Carolina. There will be about a dozen of us heading to Deals Gap, NC to ride Rt 129 (Tail of the Dragon)sometime in March and again later I'm sure. Ever heard of it? 318 curves in 11 miles!

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Re: Thanks

ncecJC said:
Thanks for the welcome! Drop a line if you'll be riding in North Carolina. There will be about a dozen of us heading to Deals Gap, NC to ride Rt 129 (Tail of the Dragon)sometime in March and again later I'm sure. Ever heard of it? 318 curves in 11 miles!
Won't be riding but, hopefully, we'll be driving one of the Porsches Mrs Tree's friend owns. :D Might have to go Dragon hunting!

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
Re: Thanks

ncecJC said:
Welcome.

I ride in NC all the time. Don't know about Deal's Gap during March though, looking at being at VIR during March, and I plan to hit the Gap during May, and possibly again in June.

If you are down in this neck of the woods for anything, drop me a line.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A porsche on the Tail... hehe... enjoy that! They have a map, if you go to the website http://www.tailofthedragon.com , that shows the likely speed traps. Definitely something to make a copy of!

Dan Q - Drop a line anytime you'll be riding the Gap or if you're over this way. The guys here are up for riding whenever and their experience varies. I'll be checking in pretty often to see if there are anymore NC riders around. You should come over for the Outer Banks Rally.

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
ncecJC said:
Dan Q - Drop a line anytime you'll be riding the Gap or if you're over this way. The guys here are up for riding whenever and their experience varies. I'll be checking in pretty often to see if there are anymore NC riders around. You should come over for the Outer Banks Rally.
What's up with the Outer Banks Rally? I run the Outer Banks each year and visit the lighthouses/Kitty Hawk etc, but if there is a set run or rally, you should post it.

And you'll find there are PLENTY of NC folks around. Not sure how many Gap trips I'm making during 06, but I'll let you know when they are going. I have a few things to take care of on the bikes, and I have to get my wife a replacement for her Buell, so funds are low thing coming year ( unless I get a good raise, or another bonus ).

Take care..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DanQ said:
What's up with the Outer Banks Rally? I run the Outer Banks each year and visit the lighthouses/Kitty Hawk etc, but if there is a set run or rally, you should post it.

There are a couple of rallies in NC that I know of... whether they are sportbike rallies or not.... ?? The first is in April (Outer Banks) and the other is in June (Salisbury). I'll post them in Feb. What forum would you suggest posting them in?

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
Originally posted by ncecJC

There are a couple of rallies in NC that I know of... whether they are sportbike rallies or not.... ?? The first is in April (Outer Banks) and the other is in June (Salisbury). I'll post them in Feb. What forum would you suggest posting them in?
I'd post that in Local Rides, Southeast. I might have to swing that one. I should be doing VIR in March hopefully, and Deal's Gap in May, so a relatively local thing would be good to go in April. June, I'm not sure. If I can get the money for tires etc, might be a track month, or a second run to Deal's Gap.

Make sure you post 'em!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts