Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my license this year and looking for tips, advice etc. Suggesstions for a good starter bike for someone who has never rode before would be great. Remeber I'm 6'9" tall so my choices are limited.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Choices aren't limited by height, but ability and experience.

Get a 500 twin (Suzuki GS500, Kawasaki Ninja 500) and learn the basics. After that you can move up. Don't forget to take your MSF!

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
+1

See New Rider stickies and begin sorting through those threads for our general feedback.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am definitely taking the MSF. That is a must. I was thinking that a 500 or 600 would be a good starter. I figured that a 250 would be too small for someone my size (Circus Bear Mod). I am not trying to start out big.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
600 Supersports are way too much to start on, regardless of your size. You'll become a much better rider learning on one of the 500's listed. And from experience I can tell you that a GS500 is ergonomically more friendly than my GSXR600.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Be patient... they should start popping up in the next month or 2 once it starts warming up. If you're willing to travel a little ways, I can keep my ear to the ground down here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts