Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to everyone out here...
i've been a member of this site for a lil less than a month.. thought i'd post an intro finally :)

I'm not totally new to m/cycling... ridden 150's, 180's even 100cc's (which had like 10 hp :) ..very usable tho around the city ) but in another country - India.

I'm getting a '98 thundercat on wed in beautiful blue and white...
cant wait for tht :drool:

gonna get proper gear to keep my skin on my body.. helmet, gloves, jacket, pants.. tho undecided about shoes...

I dont see myself riding very long distances (less than 100 ) but then tht doesnt mean i wont go down

this is getting expensive tho... bike for 3500 then the gear.. insurance... over my 4k budget already

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Welcome!

Its an expensive and dangerous hobby we got ourselves. But any hobby worth having is :D

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
Welcome!

Get good gear. Act like you are protecting the only hands, feet, etc that you have. Chances are, you will never need it. But you are better off looking back and saying you could have saved a buck or two, then looking back and wishing you hadn't.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
MadToothbrush said:
gonna get proper gear to keep my skin on my body.. helmet, gloves, jacket, pants.. tho undecided about shoes...

I dont see myself riding very long distances (less than 100 ) but then tht doesnt mean i wont go down
My gear ran me more than my bike (which isn't saying much :D ) but includes Sidi boots. I'd avoid "shoes" and minimally get something over the ankle.

As for distance, its the short ones that really get ya. Isn't there some insurance stat about 90% of accidents occur w/in 10mi of the home or something?

Anyway, welcome! And if you haven't already done so, I'd recommend the MSF despite your having ridden already. I suspect you'll find some bad habits hiding in your style if you weren't formally trained.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the welcome... i will be taking my MSF course over the next weekend...

its hurricane season here... hopefully i'll get some clear days to enjoy riding...

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
Plenty of clear days. And as far inland as you are, there's some good roads nearby. I have friends that live near Durham and they say there are some killer roads nearby. I'll be taking a trip up there in a couple weeks to get registered at the VA Hospital (must do for military retirees). But I'm going to make a weekend out of it, and probably trailer a bike. Maybe we could connect?!

·
Registered
31 Posts
sup' mad tooth

I'm originaly from Durham N.C. I just got my ride a little over two weeks ago. So far so good and damn it lover her...I'm mean it. Anyway, glad to hear about someone back in N.C. Anytime bro, HOLLA!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts