Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife bought me some frame slidders for Fathers Day (Whatta Woman). I just put them on today. The right one spends and the left one don't. I have it as tight as I can get it without stripping the bolt. Should I worry about this? I was planning on checking them and making sure they were still tight after each ride for a couple of weeks. They look nice. I don't plan on testing them out though.:D

·
Registered
627 Posts
GIX said:
My wife bought me some frame slidders for Fathers Day (Whatta Woman). I just put them on today. The right one spends and the left one don't. I have it as tight as I can get it without stripping the bolt. Should I worry about this? I was planning on checking them and making sure they were still tight after each ride for a couple of weeks. They look nice. I don't plan on testing them out though.:D
You do have a special gal there:thumb:
Smart too.......protecting her guy & his second love;)

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Possibly the wrong slider on the wrong side.

If you check often you will find one slider has a longer/deeper bolt & the other slider will have a shorter bolt.
Check on your instructions for the sliders should not spin.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put them on like the instructions told me, because one slidder is longer than the other (the left is longer than the right). The bolts were already positioned in the slidders. I'll double check. Maybe the manufacture put the bolts in the wrong slidder by mistake. But I don't know, it might be aright because only the slidder turns not the bolt. Another thing is they have metal bushings in them. I just wanted to make sure because one I could turn the slidder and the other I couldn't.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Sound like you have taken a good look at the instructions. The answer might be as on mentioned earlier in putting in the addition of a spacer/washer to stop it from turning.
Remember this is all on alloy so do not crank the bolts to tight or you will strip the alloy threading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts