Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive schudeled my MSF class for later this month ive already bought a Helmet,Jacket,Gloves and pants...but i have 2 Questions

1. My Friend has been riding for a couple years and he wears Skateboard Shoes to ride in he says there safe but i want u guys personal opinion....

2. Which bike should better suit me...Katana 600 or YZF600r now the main purpose would be to ride around the city and to go to Work/Class...

If u have any other Recommendations id appreciate it...

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Goldz said:
well ive schudeled my MSF class for later this month ive already bought a Helmet,Jacket,Gloves and pants...but i have 2 Questions

1. My Friend has been riding for a couple years and he wears Skateboard Shoes to ride in he says there safe but i want u guys personal opinion....
Shoes will not protect you in a crash. Period.

Even if they somehow managed to not blow apart, they will not protect your ankles from damage.

Boots also help prevent your feet from extreme movement, which would otherwise cause broken ankles or rip your feet from your legs! :barf2:

Congrats on buying your gear already and signing up for the MSF! :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ill speak first hand, boots are the way to go, if i had boots on instead of lowtop airforce 1's, i wouldnt have 18 stitches in my ankle :squid:, i know stupid, but not getting back on till i get all my gear in. This is something you dont want to learn from experience!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts