Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my sexy new silver/red F4 for about 2 weeks now and noticed that it tends to run hot. During daytime riding on the highway doing 75mph, it stays right in the middle of the gauge (in 80f weather). Whenever I hit a light, the fan usually turns on, but the temp never rises much above the halfway mark. It hasn't attained critical status with me yet, but I know that it definitely isn't normal. My F3 ran way cooler. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Do you guys think it can wait till I take it in for the 600 mile so everthing can be done together?

------------------
little more lean, little more, little, oh shit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a 99 F4 and it does the same thing. I live in Az so its really hot here thru the day. I believe this is caused by the coolant that is used, its HondaPro 50/50 blend. I added water to mine cause out here it need to be filled every once in a while and it seemed to help it. There is some new stuff out on the market and it replaces the coolant and is used as a stand alone product and is said to run about 30 degrees cooler than water (which will run cooler than a 50/50 mix) and its virtually boil and freeze proof. I dont know the name of it but when I find it I will let you know.

Also since you bike is new it will run a little hotter than normal but its nothing to be worried about

------------------
If ya smmmmeeeeeellll what The Rock, is cookin'??

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think that's natural for the F4. I've had mine for 2 months and 3,200 miles later, and it's still doing the same as day one. You could try different coolants to see what happens.

As mentioned, your bike is new. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just worry if that fan doesn't come on.

------------------

·
Registered
331 Posts
I run mine with just distilled water and it does not run hot. I've only seen the fan kick on if it sits at idle too long.

------------------
Ride Fast - Take Chances

1 - 4 of 4 Posts