Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i saw that front-end and now my stomach is at a loss for my breakfast :)

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey,
What happened to the black/orange paint scheme? That was my favorite and they only had it for one year. I like the white/red, and the white/red/black Erion Racing that they are offering on the 929 though.

------------------

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
SWEEET :cool: I like the silver one a lot.

------------------
"When it rains, we all get wet, the Pope and the prostitute"-Santana

[This message has been edited by RUG BURN (edited September 14, 2000).]

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
GOD I love Hondas!! :D

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm curious as to why they aren't offering both models here in the states. This is the "Sport" model. I liked the one offered elsewhere that has the standard seat set up. Much more comfortable for a pillion. THEY also get the option of yellow (my favorite color next to black). If I were to sell mine and get a '01 "simply for the FI and the dual lamps" I'd have to go with silver/black.

------------------
Chris (H-Man) Pyle
'99 F4-S/T
Ride Smart, Ride Far

·
Registered
79 Posts
That new F4 is awsome. Finally gone is the plane single front headlight. And that silver scheme is just gorgeous. Im trading in this R6 next year and will at least pick up the 2011 F4. If i can save enough im going to go 929. But in any case i will be rid of this yamaha and back with the Honda. Amen

------------------
Keep Your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks good! I noticed that the seat is split like the 929. And the headlights look GOOD!

pretty impressive.

jc

------------------

·
Squid
2019 Ducati Monster 1200s
813 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrdatalife:
And the headlights look GOOD!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it looks good, but not original is style. What does it remind you of, especially the headlighs. :D

------------------
John
http://photos.yahoo.com/jk6672
Not the brightest crayon in the box now, are we?

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
the front looks somewhat r6 like, but they didn't copy it as bad as kawi did. but at least kawi didn't make it ugly. yikes honda most of hired some stylist from gm.

now honda stole this front-end from the edsel. yikes, honda likes 'em ugly this year.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

G

·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cbrf2boy:
honda likes 'em ugly this year.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, you just have a terrible sense of taste. :p :D

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can you say R6.

------------------
"I'm like the village bicycle, everyone has had a ride"

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
No, you just have a terrible sense of taste. :p :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i totally agree i've owned an f2 and an integra :p

seriously, doesn't the goldwing look like an edsel?

hey the new gsxr isn't a beauty show winner either. i guess i just miss the days of round headlights.

------------------
Tony

·
Registered
35 Posts
DAMN!!!!

anyone wanna buy my '00 F4? im serious!!!!

i LOVE the new headlights and seat!!

------------------

·
Registered
169 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>TOO BAD THEY REMOVED THE YELLOW COLOR SCHEME.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
ya, my "ol yeller" is a classic now ! i do like the new headlight, and split seat ! :)

------------------
texas tornado #2

jim

[This message has been edited by #2f4 (edited September 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the new F4 is definitely an improvement stylistically... I was leaning towards getting an R6 due to it's prettier color scheme and style, now I'll have to rethink that. I am curious (TheToy), why are you bent on trading in your R6 for the new F4? I've read every review available on the Internet and Print and it seems like ALL bikes in there perspective classes are relatively close in performance and it comes down to personal preference. Especially when it comes to Yamahas and Hondas.
I had an F3, and loved it, so I am definitely interest in the 2001, but we have to admit, it's a big copy of the R6 (smart though).

TOO BAD THEY REMOVED THE YELLOW COLOR SCHEME.

If anyone disagrees, please post a reply.

------------------

·
Registered
205 Posts
they are hot as hell...

hopefully everyone and their dog won't buy one thought.

ps- finally got rid of the solo seat(one piece)

------------------
Nick
"You meet the nicest people on Hondas"

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MEHLMAN:

hopefully everyone and their dog won't buy one thought.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They will. I do like the silver/black scheme, if the 929 had it, I might have to consider one. The 929 Erion scheme isn't as nice as the previous years, unfortunately. That's all ok, my list of "potentials" is getting way long already.

------------------
Heeeere piggy piggy...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts