Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,
New here.Some info about me.I passed the MSF course 2 months ago, still getting my riding gear (kinda hard to get locally so its ordered 'ladies you understand', and then I'll have my bike.I'm getting a CBR f3 'til then I enjoy riding 2up:p
But anyhow its been about 4 years since I started liking the sport.I had been curious to know what sportbikes were all about.Looked like a whole lot of fun to ride and brought on the feel of adrenaline.When I first rode on the back it was a lot of fun.Since that point I have wanted my own bike and wanted to learn how to ride.Thats all folks.
Later,
Princess

·
Registered
866 Posts
welcome to florida, now leave:p , anyway good luck with the f3, I'm down here in the ft. lauderdale area and might be moving up in your area, more likely orlando next may, how is it up there, hows the jobs and cost of living like, nice roads?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey, as soon as you get that f3, send me an e-mail or something, we could go riding or somethin.

There's a fair group at embry riddle that meets in their parking lot on thursday nights at 7 pm. If you take the main road into campus, when you come to the stop sign at the circle where the wright brothers plane is, make a left into that lot, but you should see the bikes there to begin with.

Also, hooters on ISB thursdays at 9 I think. And from time to time a group of us sportbikes meet at volusia mall parking lot at the food court.

Also, if you don't already know... Daytona cops HATE us sportbikers. Don't be surprised if you get a $78 ticket for 5 over the limit. Daytona needs a bunch of murders or something... the cops have nothing better to do than hand out traffic tickets all day long. (I'm sure you've already found this out by now)

Anyways, you'll probably see me around. I ride one of the 3 green kawi's that are in daytona. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Orlando is nice, not as big as Miami for sure.There are things to do and nice area for the job market...law enforcement yeah.I had a friend move there to be Firefigher/Paramedic for the city of orlando and I haven't seen him in a long while.It must be working for him.
The cost of living...I'm not sure about that.But I think its less and better to live a little out of Orlando such as in Apopka, Altamonte Springs, Lakeland, Casselberry just a few.Then drive over to work.Orlando is a busy city and I think the city is expensive and/or busy to live in, so smart people don't live in the city itself.
Nice roads to ride on...I have no idea.There are some...there has to be or else why do so many riders live in the Orlando area.Post a message, there are a few riders from that area...nick_nolastname, BanditBoy, and wpath.
Good luck.And safe riding.
Princess

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
limegreen6R,
I would love to ride.I will e-mail you as soon as I get my f3, but will you still be here.:p
It seems to be delayed more and more because of gear and financing for a bike.Sucks...I have a firebird and insuarance kills when I'm just only turning 20 in the next few days...2 weeks exactly :D
Do u go to Riddle?I see a lot of riders from there.I got to DBCC.Tranfering next year.
By the way, do u know about a stunt show happening at the New Smyrna speedway in New Smyrna beach Friday October 18th,2002 @ 7pm its by Signal 12 a Sportbike Stunt Team from Jax.The event is sponsered by Bikers Paradise.
www.signal12.com
I didn't imagine the cops liking you even the motorbike ones.:)
I thought its more like $44 I thought for 5 over.But still I go five over in my car.
You said:DDaytona needs a bunch of murders or something... the cops have nothing better to do than hand out traffic tickets all day long. (I'm sure you've already found this out by now).
I did find this out several times.I got a light out (pulled over), I had a brake light out (pulled over)...I know exactly what you mean!And no warning too.They love to eat their jelly donuts while filling out paper work its there excuse to eat them.
I might have seen you around.Since its a small world here in Daytona, but I wouldn't remember.I see many bikes these days when its nice out.
What kinda helmet do u have? Well I will have a f3 you know, but helmet no idea.I'm going by Fun Machines to pick up some pants I ordered and get me a helmet in 2 weeks.I want to ride by Bike Week for sure or before summer.
Nice to know I'm not the only local on here.
Princess.

PM me with an e-mail address.I will too.

·
Registered
426 Posts
SilentNEKO said:
hey there limey, tell me about the area up there, any good law enforcement jobs? hows the rent?
it's not bad. M:F ratio SUCKS if you're a heterosexual guy. If traffic enforcement is your thing, then daytona is for you. Rent is amazingly low.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I gots me a woman so maybe I'll just knock her on the head with my trusty club and drag her up to daytona sometime:D I like busting fools in traffic its fun. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'll be in Daytona through April, and yep I go to riddle.

It's more like $35 for 5 over, but the cop is more than likely gonna give you violation of a traffic control device, which is $78. I have one of them sitting on the wall waiting to get paid.

I hadn't heard about the stunt show, I'll have to go.

I have 2 helmets (for more than one reason)

1st is an HJC CL-12
Good helmet for the money. Fits well. could be quieter, but at $120 who can complain.

2nd is a Nolan N100 Rapid
Flip face helmet. I can put on and take off with gloves still on. Fits well, quieter than the HJC.

For helmets,

If you head doen ISB eastward, right at the bridge to beachside, make a left down beach street. go down til you hit a light where the next bridge goes over to beachside. Go straight through that light, and right around the S in the road you'll see a place called "The Helmet Shop" on the left. Check it out. I bought both my helmets there. They have the best selection IN STOCK I've seen. Try some on, find the design you like. Can't go wrong.

There are a couple other dealers other than fun machines. If you head south on ridgewood instead of north, about the same distance away from ISB that fun machines is, but in the other direction... on there left there is a honda/suzuki dealer.

If you head down ISB westbound to deland, several miles past the rte 4 exits, on there right there is a kawasaki/aprilia dealer. Last time I was there they were looking for input on gear specifically for ladies that they wanted to stock up on... check em out and get them to stock some stuff you may wanna buy ;)

PM is on its way. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts