Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any specific company you guys suggest for these items? I also want to get a bigger sprocket for increased acceleration, should I go up on the front or back or both?

EDIT: I just noticed that companies make chain/sprocket kits, should I get one of these or steer clear? Speficially RK/Vortex? Also when they say it is geared say 14-47 and the stock gear is 15-47, I am going down a tooth and that would decrease acceleration right?

·
Registered
892 Posts
actually it will increase it slightly. its like going up 3 in the rear or so. i actually just recently bought a RK/Vortex kit. although i think i am going to regret going to a 520 chain. i dont think it will last worth shit. as when installed new it was already halfway down my wear mark on the swing arm. but i got no problems with the quality and i think the vortex sprockets are great.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Just remember that dropping in the front sprocket is going to decrease your high end and slightly decrease gas milage. I refuse to drop in sprocket size because I only get 25mpg as is lol.

Sepias

·
Registered
892 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
Just remember that dropping in the front sprocket is going to decrease your high end and slightly decrease gas milage. I refuse to drop in sprocket size because I only get 25mpg as is lol.

Sepias
LOL thats horrible! dropping 1 in the front wont really affect your mileage that much....probably wont notice it.

its when u drop the front and increase the rear a bunch like the stunters when u really notice the loss.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I agree that one down the front is an ideal street gearing, BUT I put most of my time & milage on the hwy so I will not change & yes in time one will note there is a fuel loss for it is like riding in 5.5th gear & not 6th.

·
Registered
295 Posts
SepiasSoul said:

Sepias
dude 25 mpg... u need to do somthing theres no way thats all your bike gets...

also in gernal how long are chains suppose to last?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actaully for I finally figured out I get around 28 mpg with some casual, some balls to the wall riding each gallon. Im on the 600 so it seems about acurate. The 6r drinks gas like its going out of style, and it is.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Like anything it riding style age of bike weight of rider. Alot more to consider from a car. My 929 can get from 38 to 14 if I want it to. Bike is 380lbs rider is 220lbs. Quality and grade of fuel makes a difference. At 60mph what does your 600 rev the 929 is about 4000k.

·
Registered
295 Posts
im 220 as well 6'2. and when im crusing around a long time i usually always shift to 6th, at around 60 my 600 is at 6kish. with that being said i usually ride around between 4.5 -6 k. now i accelerate like a bat out of hell most of the time, but when i get to speed i just cruise

1 - 13 of 13 Posts