Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW. I just brought home my new CBR F4i. I've ridden dirt bikes and (don't yell at me) Harleys but never a sport bike. In fact my Harley is my daily driver (100 mile commute). But OMFG this Honda is incredible!!! I didn't know it could be THIS FUN!!! I think it's time to sign up for the advanced rider course though. I feel too comfortable too soon... if you know what I mean. Looks like I'll be hanging around for awhile! :D

·
Registered
499 Posts
With previous riding experience outside of sportbikes, it's easy to get complacent. Know your limitations and stay within them. Getting too comfortable too quick can lead to a very uncomfortable stretcher real quick. Trust me I know ;)

oh, btw... Nice bike choice :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah good bike choice, going from a cruiser to a Honda. The seating postion is easier to get used to. Do you notice a big defference in cornering and handling?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blackbird said:
Same Deuce as the one on SBN?

Very nice pair of wheels btw :)
Thanks. I'm not sure what you mean by SBN. Sportbikeworld.net and Sportbikeworld.com seem to point to the same site. If that's what you mean then yes... same Deuce.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rain_maker said:
Yeah good bike choice, going from a cruiser to a Honda. The seating postion is easier to get used to. Do you notice a big defference in cornering and handling?
Apples and oranges difference between the two. I still prefer the Deuce for my commute. It's much more comfortable. But when it's time for the twisties...;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Deuce said:

Thanks. I'm not sure what you mean by SBN. Sportbikeworld.net and Sportbikeworld.com seem to point to the same site. If that's what you mean then yes... same Deuce.
AH... I just found SBN. No, that's not me. Looks like a nice site!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'll be looking to move up from my Bandit in the next year. The F4i is at the top of my list, alongside the R6. I've ridden an F4i around a parking lot and was AMAZED at the difference. So much smoother and lighter. Comfortable riding position, too.

Nice bike!:thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bluebandit said:
I'll be looking to move up from my Bandit in the next year. The F4i is at the top of my list, alongside the R6. I've ridden an F4i around a parking lot and was AMAZED at the difference. So much smoother and lighter. Comfortable riding position, too.

Nice bike!:thumb:
I keep hearing about the "comfortable riding position" of the F4i. For me, comming from a cruiser, it's pretty darn uncomfortable.
:) Actually, it gets better everyday!! :D I can't imagine what a Duck would be like. I hear they are very uncomfortable!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Deuce said:

I keep hearing about the "comfortable riding position" of the F4i. For me, comming from a cruiser, it's pretty darn uncomfortable.
:) Actually, it gets better everyday!! :D I can't imagine what a Duck would be like. I hear they are very uncomfortable!

LOL. No doubt the position is "pretty darn uncomfortable". For me, though, I'm coming from 15 years or so of street bicycle riding. So I'm quite used to sitting on top of the front wheel. Sitting upright, or leaning back, just feels wrong to me. Shoot, sometimes the Bandit makes me feel like I'm riding a Lazy Boy. :p :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
Congrat's on the new bike. Glad you're having fun.

You will feel more comfortable as you and your bike "break in" each other. Muscles you didn't know you had will take some time to stretch.

I've heard from alot of riders that a sportbike is more comfortable than a cruiser, especially on long hiway trips. This is due to the 3 areas weight is distributed to on a sportbike..... hands, butt, feet vs, just butt on a cruiser. When you hit a bump the jolt is assorbed by three areas, insead of being blasted from the saddle up into your back. Better yet, as speed increases, the wind coming over the screen will provide lift against your chest, taking some of the pressure off your wrists.

·
Registered
45 Posts
oldgixer said:
Better yet, as speed increases, the wind coming over the screen will provide lift against your chest, taking some of the pressure off your wrists.
I wonder if that excuse would work if you got pulled over ..... "sir i was only going 150MPH because ya see my wrists hurt and the wind....";)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts