Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I've been checking out this site for a while now and have posted a few times, but I thought I'd start a new member thread. I don't own a bike now but I ride alot. Working for a motorcycle magazine has it's perks. Don't get all hateful, I work my ass off every day in the office (except when I'm out at the track testing a 748) Anyway, I'm interested to know from Canadians (and also from the Yanks) if they've seen Inside Motorcycles, and I'd like some feedback. Please be objective. I can also sign up any Canadians who want to receive a free trial subscription (3 issues) if you haven't done it yet. And make sure you check out the August issue. I made the cover (and my back's turned!). Anyone else who'd like info on things up here in Canada (and in general) feel free to ask. Wait until you see the Mosport superbike race on tv. WOW! Gottogo. BYE!

------------------
Gottogo. BYE!

Skip

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Skip,

It's great to have you as a member of SBW. Your insite on how motorcycle magazines run tests on sportbikes will be very interesting to our membership!

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil

·
Registered
549 Posts
Welcome, Skip! Glad to have you here at the forums. :D

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome. You might work hard but I bet it's worth it when you throw your leg over some of todays top bikes (you lucky dog). :D :D :D :D :D

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

·
Registered
137 Posts
First of all, welcome to the site.
It's great to have another point of view, to get both sides of a story.

Will your mag be sold overseas?

Ross cbrxx

------------------
He who dies with the most toys "wins"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your responses. I guess most of the general membership doesn't check this forum. As to whether Inside Motorcycles is available overseas, we can mail it anywhere. The best thing to do is to send an email to [email protected] Make sure you specify Inside Motorcycles as we put out a car racing paper also. You will mostly be reading about Canadian racing, but we do general industry news also, and tests too. We usually have a touring article from someone as well. The subscription rate is $19.99 cdn plus postage to New Zealand which (don't quote me) is probably $5 per issue. Thanks for your interest.
I want to avoid using this forum as a promotions vehicle for the magazine. It's not my intention to abuse this site. It's just my job, like anyone elses, but I don't mind providing info about the mag if anyone is interested. I am lucky to have a unique perspective of the industry in Canada through this job, racing in the past, and working all across the country. Thanks for listening.

------------------
Gottogo. BYE!

Skip

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yo Skippy Huney.....

How goes it there ma' little boy from Ecum Secum... Ya coming down for the races at Shubie on August 4-6.... I'll be there with some of ma' crew... Feel free to stop by the trailer and BRING SOME BEER!! Keiths please... Shouldn't be hard to remeber.... The name rings a bell does it not! Hey... Did ya notice? I have a pic of you on my site flying around on and Aprilla....

Anyway there Huney... Ya gonna sing the cover of my IM mag... Or do I get a private session?

KIRSTY!!

------------------
"No, this isn't my boyfriend's bike..."
My web site www.geocities.com/hondahuney

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cbrchick,

Ya I'm comming. Can't wait get to the coast. Are you camping out for the weekend? I saw my picture on your site but consider myself a Pro racer in Canada. And I've raced Expert in the AMA though with little success. I sent you another pic of me on the Aprilia too. I'd love to give you a private autograph session. Now it'll cost me dinner and beer? More than a fair deal. See you this week!

------------------
Gottogo. BYE!

Skip

·
Registered
328 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cbrchick:
Yo Skippy Huney... Feel free to stop by the trailer and BRING SOME BEER... Ya gonna sign the cover of my IM mag... Or do I get a private session?

KIRSTY!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now THERE'S your PERKS!!! :D :D :D

------------------
A fool and his money are soon partying.

·
Registered
38 Posts
welcome...i am looking forward to reading your knowledge on today's top bikes. :)

btw, is it just me or os cbrchick really cute? :D

if other canadien riders are that cute, i'm going to move there one day...**sigh**

------------------
Asking advice is asking to something you already know, but don't want to.

·
Registered
165 Posts
SpeedFreak there Huney Bunny...

Don't make me come all'a way out to CO to kick your butt on your piece of Suzuki.....

JJk there baby.... ;)

Hey there Young one... your welcome anytime... ;)

KIRSTY!!

------------------
"No, this isn't my boyfriend's bike..."
My web site www.geocities.com/hondahuney

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Welcome Skip, glad to have you on board. :cool:

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
503 Posts
kirsty.. it would be worth the butt kickin just to get to meet u ;).

oh & my suzuki would be happy to slow down long enough to show u the rockies. :D

------------------

1 - 15 of 15 Posts