Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I'm Chris... hows it going, im from Toronto. Currently shoppin for a new bike, thought i'd join here and see what some ppl ride and recommend. i dont usually ride in the winter.. especially here cuz winters here are brutal.

peace

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Must agree that you do not rider in the winter time for even now you are close to having to shovel out snow or more snow coming.

As a Cdn in the south central part of B.C. we are drowned in snow conditions like you people are STILL we Winterize our bikes & in my case it is from end of October till sometime in late March or April.

I take if riding a m/c is something new to you. So allow me to suggest that you talk with a few of the m/c shops of where you can take a course on riding. The main one in the USA is the MSF course & basically 3 days of teaching you the basicas & believe me it is good.

I was insuring my SUV the other day & two of the gals working have been riding pillion a husband to a boyfriends bike. Both kept on dropping the bike 125 to 200cc bikes, at the course in Vancouver area & only then did the instructor find out they had never riden a bicyckle & they still cannot ride bicycles. Mind you if you have then no sweat for the balance bit is in you for basiclly life.

I would suggest you go to the back pages of this board & there you will pick up a lot of chatter of about to be first time riders.

Personally suggest that you see if you can obtain a 'used' Kawasaki of Suzuki 500cc parellel twin for they are with the regular riding position, not a sportbike so insurance will be lower, faster off the red stop light as it goes to green, then most of the cages & can scoot you up to 90mph without any sweat.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Give us some idea of where you'll be riding, how long you've been riding, and what you've ridden in the past.

I loved Toronto on our last year's visit. Big Canuck welcome :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts