Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard rumors of a new camero comming out and it is rumored to have some of the old body lines. Kind of like the new mustang. If they can pull it off i would love to see a new "made-over" camero. Personally i dont think they have made a good one scince the 1960's. What do you think?

·
Registered
645 Posts
there was a rumor about a year or two ago about it... it ended up just being a EXCLENT Photochop of a new mustang.... GM said they have no plans on bring it back anytime soon... but these may be two diffrent rumors... I'll try to find a pic of the photo chop

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
On this vein, I saw one of those new Mustang GTs in traffic today.

I gotta admit, this car looks cool. I hate ALL modern domestic cars ('72 on), but this thing actually didn't look as much like shit as the rest of them.

I declare it the winner by default in today's super-crappy domestic car market.:2cents:

(The Viper GTS-R would be an exception to this rule, but anything made by Daimler-Chrysler or any of its inbred subsidiaries is garbage quality-wise, so I don't count them.)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm

You heard that rumor a year ago. Thats weird i only heard it recently but those are cool pictures.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Re: hmmm

Gat Man said:
You heard that rumor a year ago. Thats weird i only heard it recently but those are cool pictures.
Like I said... it could be a totally NEW one... but it's probably just the same one brought to life again... read that link... see if they match up:cheers:

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
sidewaysducati said:
...I hate ALL modern domestic cars ('72 on)...
Shame you guys don't get stuff like this, hey?

Yes, that's a Blue Oval on the front.

These things come in two variations:

5.4L Quad Cam 32 valve V8
Maximum power (DIN) - 290kW (389hp) @ 5500rpm
Maximum torque (DIN) - 520Nm (384lb/ft) @ 4500rpm

4.0L turbo charged DOHC 24 valve Inline 6
Maximum power (DIN) - 270kW (362hp) @ 5000rpm
Maximum torque (DIN) - 550Nm (406lb/ft) @ 2000 - 4250rpm

Rumour has it, they de-tuned the turbo six to make it less powerful than the V8!!! It's only pushing around 9psi!! Check out the torque figures though - 406ftlb at only 2000rpm!

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
How much is the new Pontiac GTO going for over there?

The original car, a Holden Monaro (Holden is a GM subsidiary), sells for US$47k over here.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Ebbs15 said:
...IF THEY EVER BROGHT THEM OVER!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :dunno:
I thought they were already on the market over there? Going off your comment, I'm guessing they're not?:confused:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
cookeetree said:
Shame you guys don't get stuff like this, hey?

Surprisingly enough, those don't turn me on.

They look "pimpy" like something that a "homeboy" from the "LBC" would like.

Show me a stock '65 GTO, now THAT trips my trigger.

Cars today are all about huge rims, big-ass sound systems, and "pimpin' up and down the block".

That ain't my deal. I go for REAL style. "Pimpin'" ain't style. It's flesh trade.

Screw modern cars.:2cents:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts