Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are trying to arrange a short interview with Erik to discuss the new Buell.

What best then to have questions from you...

Post your questions on this thread.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Is Buell's primary business strategy to convert existing Japanese (or European) sportbike riders to being Buell riders, to create sportbike riders from the existing cruiser/Harley crowd, or something else?

I, personally, would consider a "both" angle to be quite telling of the likely success of the organization since the focus, technically and from a marketing perspective, will be vastly different.

If I think of others I will add to this post.

·
Registered
165 Posts
After I re-read the first post, I assume we should keep our questions to the topic of the new bike.

what do you think about the new look, and people's reaction to it. Function over form seams to help with the reasoning for the air scoops but why not full fairings for this particular model?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Was there any resistance from Harley Davidson in authorizing the use of a non-proprietary drivetrain for the new 1125R?

What other such external partnerships might we see in the future?

·
Registered
1 Posts
What does Buell intend to do to overcome the negativity with respect to quality issues of previous models and have they addressed that specifically with the 1125R?

·
Registered
352 Posts
when will buell come up with something besides aircooled twins and singles? and will they ever develop an "in-house" engine and stop borrowing harley davidson engines.

·
Registered
165 Posts
umm is that bait? the 1125 uses a water cooled rotax engine.

·
Registered
352 Posts
w/e wouldnt that make it a bombardier engine? when can they truly design there own in house engine, and i didnt know about the 1125. but i went to their website and read up on it and some other reiviews and noticed it is watercooled.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Xx954HxCafexX said:
w/e wouldnt that make it a bombardier engine? when can they truly design there own in house engine, and i didnt know about the 1125. but i went to their website and read up on it and some other reiviews and noticed it is watercooled.
Ahhh, ignoranace is bliss.

·
Registered
26 Posts
When will they come out with a production bike designed to be raced, in the AMA's (and perhaps others) existing classes, that doesn't cost 30 grand and incorporates the Buell trilogy of technology?

Edit: Wait, is AMA also changing their displacement for twins? I forget. If they are then this isn't relevant.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Supernova46 said:
When will they come out with a production bike designed to be raced, in the AMA's (and perhaps others) existing classes, that doesn't cost 30 grand and incorporates the Buell trilogy of technology?

Edit: Wait, is AMA also changing their displacement for twins? I forget. If they are then this isn't relevant.
The XBRR fully incorporates the "Trilogy of Technology" and races in the AMA FX class, and if think for a minute the factory teams bikes that race there cost less than 30 grand, I got some real esate to sell to ya!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Not sure that Erik is so fond of the race replica thing. They sell bikes for the street, not for the track. Best look elsewhere, Like at your local Yamaha dealer.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I felt we had voiced I views on the other one. Still even if I was in the itch to obtain another V-twin. I would like to sit back for a seaons & see the pros & cos come up & to be corrected.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Xx954HxCafexX said:
didnt they have some buell's in AMA last year and they were poop.
yes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzkRAbfHI6M&mode=related&search=

If this is the new Buell everyone has been talking about, I will give them one thing:

They can make one heck of a commercial.

One thing that caught my eye though was at 1:11 or so into it, the thing comes off a turn and the front tire lifts like it's on an incline. Did the rider do that for show or was the bike just "floating" on it's own? I'm not a racer so I wouldn't know.

I've heard that the XB12's and 9's can pop the front end really easily. (although this is probably utilized by squids mostly...)

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Have to admit that the advertising, if that was it, then it is typically American in being you have to fiew three or more things at the same time, to fast, blured, with some form of so called music & other sounds to even some voices. Obviously to some it is exciting to watch an ad like that, but to some it is ---- a bit out of hand.

We will have a better idea once they are on the showroom floors, have been give a few test runs & time to look at the pros & cons of the latest offered by Buell.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Does the "oil in spring arm" concept increase unsprung weight?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts