Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a bike although I'm not necessarliy a new rider. I had a 94' cbr 600f2 back in 95'. Kept it a year and sold to concentrate on other interests. I have a bike license and have been riding manual clutch sport quads for the last 10 years. I just haven't been on a bike in the last 10 years.
Now I'm a big guy(6'1" 245 lbs). I have considered a suzuki sv650 or 1000, honda 919 or another sportbike. I see others recommend the 500's to beginners (kinda small for someone my size). What are your opinions? I realize I'm going to be rusty, just not brand new. Thanks guys...........

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
What you have in mind would be good bikes for you to purchase & ride.

·
Registered
88 Posts
A sport touring bike may be more comfortable for someone of your size. The Suzuki SV650 and 1000 as you mentioned are nice. Kawasaki ZZR600 and 1200 are good enough to keep up with the sportbikes. Yamaha got the YZF600.R(not to be mistaken with YZF-R6) and FJR1300. Honda.....I dunno

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got some friends your height and weight they cramp up riding my R6 too long. They felt more comfy on the bikes I just mentioned. If they were interested in sportbike like performance. Too bad they like cruisers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts