Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... That's it. I have had enough of being without wheels. Although I won't be commiting just yet (its all dependant on whether we stay in Oz or move elsewhere) but I'd like some serious suggestions as to what you guys think of the current crop of machinery. A move back to Singers would mean I'd most likely be gracing the tarmac of Sepang/PG more often than in the past - Staying here would mean the occasional weekend blast and the (very, at this stage) odd track day

I have read all the bike mags (as you do) but what do you boys reckon? :confused:

I know Dave will choose a Gixxer, :D (As would Tug no doubt)
But what about a ZX10R? too nutty?, ZX6R (Boycie?) Blade? (Anyone?), R6 (Silva?) or an R1? (BC and most everyone else in Singapore?) Is a 600 too small for my fat arse? (You don't have to answer that)
:twofinger

Obviously if history was to repeat itself I'd be leaning toward another Duc :) but if I stay here that really isn't worth the hassle - they are more exy than in Singers!

Cheers fellas :thumb:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Hang on, hang on

You've got me all wrong Chum...... honest.

I say go get a Triumph Rocket III with it's 2.3 litre donk and 140 ponies it might even out run a few of those red things you like so much :p

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That works....

I can imagine the conversation now....

Me: "I've just bought a new bike!"

Wifey: "Another Ducati?"

Me: "No - a triumph"

Wife: "A what?"

Me: "Yeah - It's got a bigger engine than the car"

Wife: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

C'mon fellas...... Get real (please?????)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Does my bum look big in this?

Chumley said:

Is a 600 too small for my fat arse? (You do have to answer that)

Tractor?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get orf moi land

Tractor?

C'mon Boycie - Had one of those already haven't I? :

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
You can't say No to this!!

It's you Chumley....big enough to get you bum on and fully equipped for a weekend trip to PG.

This one can even tow the pit crew along!

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice....

Top transport... You gotta love that spoiler.

COE would have to be cheap if it ever got to Singers :thumb:

So....

Any real answers?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Reliant Robins

......are probably illegal here!!!

Even if they're not I certainly think they wouldnt follow the Uk rule about being able to drive one if you have a motorcycle licence.

Perhaps you could approach Reliant and start a distributorship in SG. Excellent career move I think!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great...

Cheers Boycie...

As helpful as always mate. :thumb:

Lack of helpful information means I'll be sticking with the Vespa in the short term

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
If your not sure go with a 1000cc whatever Chum (the ZX10's do look great).

If you can test ride a 600 jobbie first then even better. Last one I rode (CBRR) surprised me with it's decent top end and overall power. They fall into corners even better than the italian's too!!!

Then get your lazy arse down here so we can do the island, you won't stop talking about it for a week!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Useful info!

Chum's

I don't think you can buy a 'bad' Japanese sports bike now....can you?

Biggest question is do you want to stay on a litre machine or play with a 600? I'm on the R6 now and I love it. Its not really fair to compare it with my 03 Zx6R with 20k's on the clock, but it feels better. I would love to try the 05 636 but alas its not here till June.

As Gixxer Dave says....go hire one for a day at the track and see if you like it. That's got to be better than buying a Reliant Robin....even with the spoiler and supercharger intake!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers

Well Boycie - Cheers for that (finally) - but you are probably the best person to ask - you went from the R1 to the Kwak - what were your impressions? more useable power?? Slower? Boring?

Are 600's more fun?

If i went the 600 route, I'd probably be looking at an R6 or the CBR600RR....

Cheers

·
Registered
406 Posts
600 vs 1000

I chose the Kwak purely because a shop offered it to me at bargain basement price and took the wrecked R1 off me.

It was the cheapest way for me to get back on a bike.

My track bikes were in chronological order:

TL1000R (99)
R6 (00)
R1 (02)
ZX6R(03)
R6(05)

The TL was my first bike on track and I knew no better. Doesnt take too much imagination to realise going onto the R6 was a real eye opener and I wondered why anyone wanted anything bigger! It went round corners and to get power you just wrang its neck.

Then the 02 R1's came out and I bought it just because it looked fantastic. The biggest grin from going back to a litre again was all that power on the road. Did I enjoy it as much on the track as the old R6.....not really!

After throwing the R1 into a tyre wall and having mecano inserts, I just wanted to get back onto the track before fear set in. The ZX6 was just the ticket and my first impression then was how well it went round corners, much sharper than I expected. I went round PG and Sepang faster on this bike than I ever did on the R1.

I've just got the 05 R6 and I need to time myself accurately on it. It's in absolutely stock form and on new tyres I've seen 45's at PG which is marginally faster than I was on the ZX6 after pipe,PCIII etc.

For me a 600 is the way to go, but to you have to wring their necks and have no quarms doing so. Coming from a Duc I'm not sure that bouncing off a rev limiter at 16500rpm will feel at all normal to you!!!

Go try one with Dave at PI!!!!!!

I say they're great....... but I'm a slow /careful fark :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
surprise surprise

25k bid for your 999R you slacker

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Same boat

Im too fat for a 600 even if I was thin id be too fat for a 600:squid: It dont mater how many times I tell my self that a 600 would be ok the reality is they are too small.
Id be in the market for a blade or a ZX10 if I were you mate:thumb: I hate to say it but the gixxer is just too ugly:crying:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Its a Yammy

yellow peril said:
What's wrong with the 04 R1? It's more powerful than the blade and better looking, what more do you want?
Not a bad looking bike unless you disguise it as a bannana :twofinger

1 - 20 of 20 Posts