Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, yesterday I left my house at about 730 AM, my friends were driving me from montgomery, AL to marietta, GA (www.wowmotorcycles.com) - i should've known this was going to be a bad trip when my cell phone died less than 5 minutes out of the city... we got to the used dealer we were going to see at about noon EST time, found the bike (listed at 5,000$) and paid 4,700$ cash out the door (1997 cbr 900 rr, yoshi slip on, no body damage, 6,800 miles) - well they took some time in the service department getting it ready, and by thet ime we were ready to leave (they were done) it was 4pm EST.... and pouring rain.... and 31 degrees, I hadn't brought any rain gear with me but oh well, I hopped on the bike to make my way home, I got from marietta to jonesboro GA before I was so cold, and wet, that I couldn't go on. I couldn't feel my hands or my legs, or my face really. I stopped for the night at a days inn, wheeled the bike in the room (which was a feat of manuevering, i had to make a 90 degree turn that was like half the length of the bike. woke up the next morning at 11:30am EST, and made it home by 2:30 CST, YIKES it's cold! but the bike is nice, and this trip - barring freezing rain - went better than the last one. I'm back in business. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
925 Posts
Congrats, glad this trip didn`t send your helmet into a swamp :p Good luck with her, I just got a new bike not too long ago and if I do say so myself, it sucks ass having it sit in the garage and not being able to ride it often. Plus side is I`m going to Florida this week, so I`ll get to ride mine (riding it there, too). Hope nothing bad happens like with the other one:eek: :thumb:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Bout time you got a new bike. Glad to hear you're back in the saddle:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice bike cmd954. Looks clean. Something about a red sportbike that just says fast. I used to have a red Ninja. Cops like um too though.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Nice looking bike Coy, it is a good choice, at least the ride home was shorter this time. I wish your cell didn't die, you could have called me and spent the night at my house, glad to see you made it home. When are we going riding, dude? :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: new bike!

wantanaprilia said:
Congrats, glad this trip didn`t send your helmet into a swamp :p Good luck with her, I just got a new bike not too long ago and if I do say so myself, it sucks ass having it sit in the garage and not being able to ride it often. Plus side is I`m going to Florida this week, so I`ll get to ride mine (riding it there, too). Hope nothing bad happens like with the other one:eek: :thumb:
Where ya going in FL if you have extra time on the way down and it's warm, you could stop at cheaha (as twisty as alabama gets) on the way down, it's right there on the AL/GA state line, maybe even have the privelege of meeting someone as cool as me. PM me if you're going to come close to AL and I'll give you my cell #

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Sweet bike! Glad you're back in the saddle!:thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts