Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Suzuki is running the Sportbike world!!!

Congratulations on your selection with the GSX-R1000. Is it a handful like the magazines are saying? Check-out motocycle.com shoot-out with the Gixxer 1000. By the way I'm new at this super-bike world, but I disobeyed just about everyones opinion of; Since this will be your first bike, start off on something small and then get a bigger bike... Kiss My A...was my response, so I went with the one bad mother... the 01 GSX-R750. Best decision over any other bike. What's the cost of the Gixxers in your area. One place has the 1000's @$9999.00 & 750's @$8600.00. Have fun riding, because this stuff is addictive!!!!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Maxima im doin the same thing,,,,,,,im gettin a gsx-r 750 as a first bike.....ive been riding my friends bikes..for a while......i think i should be able to handle it.....and i know if i get a 600, the next yr im gonna have to buy a 750......so i dont got the time or money to all that.......
-Z
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
History of the GSX-R750

CraZee GSX-R750; don't get me wrong there are many other bikes out there, but after reading countless articles from comparing all the top contenders of sportbikes I had to have a 01 GSX-R750. This bike will hold its own against any other sportbike, just research a little & the numbers don't lie. I hope that Suzuki falls into this big-bore craze & stop making the 750, so the resale value will skyrocket....

01 GSX-R750 Blue/White Anything esle would be uncivilized!!!!:D
01 Yamaha Raptor Blk/White
00 Nissan Blk Maxima SE
00 GMC 4drExtcab SLT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Mad Cow, congratulations on your choice of a new ride. I bought mine earlier in the year and have really enjoyed it, absolutely no problems except for excessive rear tire wear.

Got used to the power already and put a 1 tooth smaller front sprocket on it last weekend. Retains the stock chain, and costs a whopping $14 from Sprocket Specialties. It made a huge difference in acceleration. Stock, the 1Ks are geared pretty tall, 17/42. Wheelies are now accidental in 1st gear and 2nd can be a slow roll-on and the front comes right up in proportion to the throttle at any speed. FUN, FUN!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
Re: Suzuki is running the Sportbike world!!!

Maxima said:
Congratulations on your selection with the GSX-R1000. Is it a handful like the magazines are saying? Check-out motocycle.com shoot-out with the Gixxer 1000. By the way I'm new at this super-bike world, but I disobeyed just about everyones opinion of; Since this will be your first bike, start off on something small and then get a bigger bike... Kiss My A...was my response, so I went with the one bad mother... the 01 GSX-R750. Best decision over any other bike. What's the cost of the Gixxers in your area. One place has the 1000's @$9999.00 & 750's @$8600.00. Have fun riding, because this stuff is addictive!!!!:D
Sorry, but I have to add one more, opinon re: a gixxer 750 for a first bike, much less a liter. I'd say No way, but I get the feeling any advice is usless. Do me and yourself a favor, and keep the throttle at a minium, for a long time, and ride SMART......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Hammer1; I've had my 01 GSX-R750 for a couple of months. The bike still looks great without any roadrash!!! I just didn't go beyond my limits & I'm very confident about telling someone who wants to race...No!!!! In my opinioin that's where mistakes start to happen when bike riders are trying to master a sportbike. Impossible....Why, you ask? Because, whenever you think that you know everything about a Rocket, that's when your reminded that your the student & the bikes are teachers of pain!!!!!

01GSX-R750 Blue/White
Anything else would be uncivilized.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
Maxima said:
Hammer1; I've had my 01 GSX-R750 for a couple of months. The bike still looks great without any roadrash!!! I just didn't go beyond my limits & I'm very confident about telling someone who wants to race...No!!!! In my opinioin that's where mistakes start to happen when bike riders are trying to master a sportbike. Impossible....Why, you ask? Because, whenever you think that you know everything about a Rocket, that's when your reminded that your the student & the bikes are teachers of pain!!!!!

01GSX-R750 Blue/White
Anything else would be uncivilized.
While I commend you for having a great attitude, regarding staying within your limits, all too often it's the varibles that come into play, i.e. cages that cut ya off, pull out in front of ya, ect. and riding over your head. And being that ya have the bike already, all I can say...is ride with your brain, not your d%$#, and the best of luck to ya...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Re: Suzuki is running the Sportbike world!!!

Maxima said:
Congratulations on your selection with the GSX-R1000. Is it a handful like the magazines are saying? Check-out motocycle.com shoot-out with the Gixxer 1000. By the way I'm new at this super-bike world, but I disobeyed just about everyones opinion of; Since this will be your first bike, start off on something small and then get a bigger bike... Kiss My A...was my response, so I went with the one bad mother... the 01 GSX-R750. Best decision over any other bike. What's the cost of the Gixxers in your area. One place has the 1000's @$9999.00 & 750's @$8600.00. Have fun riding, because this stuff is addictive!!!!:D

Hey, I'm thinking of getting a 2002 gsx-600R . . . first bike for me . . . think I can handle it as well?

CK
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
Re: Re: Suzuki is running the Sportbike world!!!

Speedy K said:



Hey, I'm thinking of getting a 2002 gsx-600R . . . first bike for me . . . think I can handle it as well?

CK
First bike?? then why do have as a sportbike, that ya have a XZ-6R:confused:

And NO, I don't think a GSXR600, is a good 1st bike, if you haven't had any experience riding in the street. I'd suggest a smaller bike like a Kaw500 ninja, or a Suzuki SV 650 instead, and with the $$$ you save, take the MSF course, buy some good riding gear, i.e. fullface helmet, a good leather jacket, pants, or 2 piece suit, some armored gloves, and quality riding boots. Have a look here for the gear...www.newenough.com

Good luck:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Suzuki is running the Sportbike world!!!

I have rode before . . . it has just been a while. Secondly, I planned on getting the Kawi but decided against it. Lastly, I plan on getting good ridding gear as well.

CK




Hammer 4 said:


First bike?? then why do have as a sportbike, that ya have a XZ-6R:confused:

And NO, I don't think a GSXR600, is a good 1st bike, if you haven't had any experience riding in the street. I'd suggest a smaller bike like a Kaw500 ninja, or a Suzuki SV 650 instead, and with the $$$ you save, take the MSF course, buy some good riding gear, i.e. fullface helmet, a good leather jacket, pants, or 2 piece suit, some armored gloves, and quality riding boots. Have a look here for the gear...www.newenough.com

Good luck:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Suzuki is running the Sportbike world!!!

Speedy K said:
I have rode before . . . it has just been a while. Secondly, I planned on getting the Kawi but decided against it. Lastly, I plan on getting good ridding gear as well.

CK

so, what did you decide to get??




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Well Well wellllll

First bike questions....gotta love em. My roomie wants to get a bike. He voiced the opinion of wanting to get something that does the job and that he won't outgrow too quickly. I suggested the SV650. He asked if it would be too much?? I said no so long as you respect the machine.

My first bike was an RF900, moved to the VFR800, moved to the Y2k Gsxr-750. As of this afternoon, i'll be the proud owner of an '02 Gsxr1000!!

The point is if you want to ride, your first bike is critical. It determines whether you love it or leave it. Choose something that you can grow on and into, not something that scares you sitting still.


The 1000 scares me, but I know that I have been riding this long respecting the power. I will grow into it as I grew into the previous loves of my life.

Newbie's can do the same.


P


P.S. Speedy K, come down to Phoenix when you pick up the gixxer 6, we'll have to go ride!!


P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Re: Well Well wellllll

I would love to go on a ride with you. I think no matter which bike i get i will be scared (nervous) at first. However, I think that fear/respect will keep me alive. Furthermore, I know I can grow into the gixxer. However, I know I don't want a 750 or 1000 right now . . . I just think those bikes are to big.

Thanks,
Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
My 01 GSX-R750 is my first bike....I've only ridden a friends 01 TL1000S down a street, once. The rest in history!!!!! By the way look at the hard numbers in motorcyclist. You'll be surprised on the performance of some bikes. Always think safety!!!!!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Well She's Mine!

Picked up the 1000 last night. Was shaking right before I got on her and thumbed the starter.....Once in the saddle, it felt like home, like the 750, home.

This morning was exactly the same....shaking as I dressed and got ready for work. Hit the starter and she sounded familiar, warm, and inviting.

The ride to work was pure bliss. 93 indicated at 5900 rpm. Can't take it above 6000, but don't really need to do I??

Good luck Speed K, the nervousness is a good thing, so long as it yields to allow some confidence when you're riding.


P:p

Hmm? Should I change my username to Paul 1000??? Nah. :)
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top