Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, the people on here seem to know what there talking about, so im open for suggestions, im 17, 18 in 5 months, and ive been riding since i was 14, right now i have a FZ1, and its getting old, so i drove my friends 05' cbr600, around a walmart parking lot, im not a stupid kid, and i havent even came close to an accident,..ever. i rode this bike and i am IN LOVE:love: and i want it reeally bad, and he said i can buy it for a very low price, i am totally confortable riding it, is this smart, owning two bikes, and jumping from a fz1 to a cbr600? my insurance is 100 a month if it helps with anything, just in case owning 2 bikes affects your insurance

·
Registered
268 Posts
How is it your 17 and can own two bikes? Do you not have plans for the future (education?)

The reason you like it is because you did not hit the powerband while in the parking lot...... An FZ1 to an RR is not that big of a jump, so I guess I cant grill you on that.... as long as you have owned this fz1 for a while now and your not bsing like other people on this forum!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
WSU Tony said:
How is it your 17 and can own two bikes? Do you not have plans for the future (education?)

The reason you like it is because you did not hit the powerband while in the parking lot...... An FZ1 to an RR is not that big of a jump, so I guess I cant grill you on that.... as long as you have owned this fz1 for a while now and your not bsing like other people on this forum!
no bs, it just gets old, and not for a while, its brand new, just not what i was looking for, not enough get up, and im going to a near-by community college for two years, and then going into the marines, and "bsing people" are pretty much defined by DeanMckaneR6 lol, i owned him on his first thread

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Send some cash to your ole uncle Dusty and everything will be fine....1000.00 to start with............................................. paypal to [email protected]

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
:cussing;

:twofinger

:cheers:

you need a turbo 14...and a Y2K jet bike

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm a little confused here. Your FZ1 should have more power everywhere in the powerband than the 600RR. The FZ1 has a serious motor in it, its just a detuned version of the old R1 motor if I remmeber correctly.

I just don't understand how you'd notice more get up on the CBR, especially in a parking lot where the RPM's aren't getting near that CBR's sweet spot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bittersweetryan said:
I'm a little confused here. Your FZ1 should have more power everywhere in the powerband than the 600RR. The FZ1 has a serious motor in it, its just a detuned version of the old R1 motor if I remmeber correctly.

I just don't understand how you'd notice more get up on the CBR, especially in a parking lot where the RPM's aren't getting near that CBR's sweet spot.
but im not looking to get rid of my fz1, im just bored with it, want something else, the cbr600 is visually

uhm astounding:jawdrop:

·
Registered
272 Posts
So your buying a CBR just because it looks better than your current bike...interesting...
Im not gonna judge you for your decision...but some people just have toooo much money...
Why don't you donate to the "Buy Firefox a bike foundation" ? :D

:cussing;
;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you want it, go for it; you seem to have a pretty level-head.

However, just make sure you have all your gear first. Two bikes with no riding gear is a definite NO NO

·
Registered
268 Posts
bittersweetryan said:

I'm with you, this seems fishy.

I'm cool with whatever you get, as long as it does not compromise your education. :thumbs2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Raichu said:
If you want it, go for it; you seem to have a pretty level-head.

However, just make sure you have all your gear first. Two bikes with no riding gear is a definite NO NO
i got a full black body suit, for my 17th bday this year, and its great, its fire proof n stuff :cool:

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Sell your FZ1 rust bucket and get the 600RR. Invest in a full set of gear including boots and nice gloves if you don't have them yet, some sets of tires and sign up for a few track days at your nearest raceway.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
You are 17 yrs of age with a Yamaha FZ1 & it is getting old!!!!!! Like did you buy it in 2001 which would mean you were riding it at 11 yrs of age!!!!!!

Golly I have a 1997 Yamaha YZF600r, a '00 Honda 929 & a '03 Honda 954 that I bought (still in the crate) in '04 though I do not consider the first two as being OLD.

If you are that bloody rich then go down poor districts of city street throwking money around or look up people that are in dire need of financial help & be a hero by giving them some money to help them along for often life can be a bummer to many.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
"If you are that bloody rich then go down poor districts of city street throwking money around or look up people that are in dire need of financial help & be a hero by giving them some money to help them along for often life can be a bummer to many."

Thats me ! Send my 1000.00:love:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Weird

I'm with bittersweetryan on this one, doesn't make any sense that the CBR would feel anywhere near as powerful as the FZ-1 in a parking lot environment. The FZ has WAY more low-end and torque than the CBR, and at 120-125 rear wheel horsepower, about 20 more than the CBR. Those two bikes would be about equal in a quarter mile sprint and top speed, but the CBR would get owned by that FZ in any kind of roll-on contest.

If you already own an FZ-1 and have ridden it for awhile, the CBR 600 should be no problem at all for you.

·
Registered
268 Posts
bittersweetryan said:
For the record he did say something about CBR having good pick up or speed or something like that he took out when he edited his post.
Now he's editing his posts to make them "right?" He says something fishy, then we comment, and he takes it out of his post? This seems like were just talking in circles to someone who doesnt really have the sense someone with a bike would have......

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
He's a young un...give him some slack...and I've seen LOTS of people with powerful bikes and NO sense :squid:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts